Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Support group moms of 4 kids

RedVines

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 11:15 am
ages 6 and under!

wow , I just got home with my newborn and at times it feels as though all the kids gang up on DH and me.

any tips/suggestions...like for fri night mayhem?!?!?!?

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 11:38 am
hey they are just excited ... now you just need to juggle a little differently - but it's still the same trick

as for fri nites ... have them each have their own little challa and some fish - while dh goes to shul and you take care of the baby - that should keep them busy

or else have a story time - with shabbos stories - special for fri nites ... shabbos treats that grew ... whatever happened to crazy yosel ... shabbos is coming ... dovid comes home ... Eli and Ohr ... etc.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 11:39 am
IYH that will be me in a few weeks but it will be all under the age of 5. Yikes!!!

RedVines

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 3:25 pm
good ideas green, thanks...and pickle here it is 5 yrs too. I just wanted to hear ideas from a wider range

Clarissa

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 3:42 pm
I think it's time for a name change.

cassandra

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 3:46 pm
I have the same thing (oldest 5, youngest 5 mos.)... I just try to be as easygoing as possible.

What specifically is the Fri night issue?

Bzgirl

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 4:35 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I think it's time for a name change.

Very Happy I agree! btw- Mazel tov!

Batya

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 4:56 pm
Can the oldest one or two go to shul with your dh? My husband takes my kids to shul (they're boys) its much easier that way. I don't really have much suggestions but Mazel Tov to you and may Hashem give you a lot of strength. Ive been there and still am in a sense so I know its not easy especially in the begginning

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 5:00 pm
mommyofthree wrote:
good ideas green, thanks...and pickle here it is 5 yrs too. I just wanted to hear ideas from a wider range

a wider range ... sorry ... it makes me laugh ...

they say it gets easier the more you have ... who knows it's always a challenge I guess - but I enjoy the younger years ... more FUN !!!

raizy

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 11:37 pm
I had 4 under 4. and 5 under 6 . so here is all my tips.

1)dh took the oldest boy to shul as soon as he was able to walk. all the time.

2) the other four can stay home and behave nicely but if the oldest is there forget it.

3) use plastic in the first few months. etc. for everything exspeically on shabbos. much easier to clean up.

4) lie down in the toy room with a gate on. so that u get your friday night rest on the sofa with newborn and the kids can play. make sure that u have all your equipement in the room like pampers bottles andfood. ...

5) broom all the dirt into one pile a few times a day. hopefully at the end of the day the pile will be gone. and if not dh can sort it all out.

6)try to make one bed time for everyone. like first my 2 youngest go to sleep and then my 3 oldest. at the same time. there is no point ot having 5 bedtimes.

7) get a nanny, a maid, a cook, and a housekeeper u cant go wrong with any of those. cheer up it only gets better not worse. and the first 3 months are brutel . it u can survive that u can survive anything.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 1:37 am
IY"H we'll be there soon. My twins will be just turning 4 when baby comes. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly, we'll see. Dh feels strongly about not sending children to shul until they are ready to davan (for their good, not because they might bother people although that is a concern too), but usually on Fri. night I feed them when he goes to shul, then get them in PJs, and they have kiddush & challah & go to bed. I agree w/ the PP about getting them all on 1 bedtime routine if possible. My three have been going to bed at the same time in the same room since Rivka was about 1 and it really helps. When Rivka was younger she just made up the difference in what she needed sleep wise in her nap(s). Now they all sleep about the same 12 hours give or take / night.

raizy

Post Mon, Dec 31 2007, 10:06 pm
rache;eve your brave to feed them all on your own and u get them to sleep before your dh gets home. my kids are not that young anymore. and my oldest two daven at shul allready... lucky for me that I have 4 boys and one girl. sometimes my dh will even take the 3 boy to shul and I am left with my baby. my dd goes to "tzunis group" for the first hr after lect bentching.. so it is like I am home alone with one baby. although my almost 4 yr old decided it nicer to stay home and play with me then go to shul... there goes my peace and quite.

RedVines

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:53 am
I di need a name change...hmm maybe survivingmomof4, fri nite was a disaster with guests, everyone crying,whining and qvetching!! Raizy you are right, it does get easier, everyday seems to get easier.
behavior issues with my oldest (5 yrs.) is a major problem right now. just not listening so by the end of the day I feel like I have just been yelling orders etc. when I want to enjoy my time with them.
thanks for the mazel tovs, my little zalmy is delicious ka"h!

worldpeace

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 9:00 am
I know this newborn is like 6 yrs old by now but I'm posting for whoever finds this thread looking for asvice
This dear lady posted that she's having a hard time with a brand new baby and 3 more kids under 5 kah

Her Friday nights are difficult

And she mentions as a complete side point that she's having guests!!

Woman, you are human

Please, can you wait till your baby's a little older and life's a but more settled before having Shabbos guests?

I'm sorry to sounds harsh, but what were u expecting???Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics