Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Great idea for Thank-you gift....

Chayary

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 8:27 am
Somebody just hosted my family and myself for almost a week, and were so unbelievably gracious, really treating us like their own children. I was going to send them nice flowers for Shabbos, but then I started thinking--so much money, and then they die. Anybody have some nice ideas for a gift that will make better use of that money (let's say 60-100 dollars), that won't just end up as clutter. They have tons of art, Judaica, etc, I thought serving piece, but I think they have plenty of those too. Anybody very creative?

Mrs. XYZ

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 8:31 am
How about a plant? They have beautiful tall ones, like a tree, for that price range.

I always felt that flowers, as beautiful as they are, are still a waste of money.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 8:44 am
Buy the flowers together with a magnificent vase that they can use over and over - this way they have something pretty and something useful.

lotte

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 9:38 am
If you live in Brroklyn just walk into "Happy home" on Coney Island ave (bet J & K)
You will not know what to choose first!
Tons of gorgeous gift ideas and baskets.
If you don't live near just log onto their website.

shoy18

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 9:40 am
if you live in Brooklyn go to the yellow door, and pick out something, they have gorgeous things

Basya

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 9:41 am
Silk flower arrangements!

You can get really beautifull ones, they last forever, and they make a great centerpiece. They should be in your price range - u can get them by most florists and craft stores (Michaels etc.)

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 9:42 am
Maybe something personalised. Like a challah cover or something that has their name embroidered.. Mishpacha so and so.

lotte

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 9:47 am
shoy18 wrote:
if you live in Brooklyn go to the yellow door, and pick out something, they have gorgeous things

Just keep in mind that Yellow door are way over priced!

bluesclues

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 9:53 am
Quote:
Just keep in mind that Yellow door are way over priced!

not really they just have better stuff

amother

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 10:05 am
yellow door does have really nice things, but they are way overpriced, as I have bought very similar/same things elsewhere for less. On the other hand, you know that you'll always find something there.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 10:41 am
tablecloth
cake platter/dome
nice pitcher
picture frame set
nice set of towels
silver flowers - they're beautiful, silver stores sell them but I'm not sure how much they cost.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 11:29 am
I'm a big believer of the Gift Card. At the very least, include a gift receipt!

Did you notice anything they could use while you were there?

nehama

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 2:55 pm
only1 wrote:
Maybe something personalised. Like a challah cover or something that has their name embroidered.. Mishpacha so and so.

We got a personalised Challah cover as a wedding present, and it's the nicest gift! I vote for that one!

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 4:33 pm
My favorite low priced gift for a hostess is a set of his & hers fancy umbrellas. You can get beautiful Harve Bernard ones, etc. Anybody appreciates a decent good quality pretty umbrella and the gift last a long time, unless they’re the type to lose it. Also, even the very plain people who hated gifts were surprised. Whenever I see a nice one I buy it and stash it for the next occasion… if you want to spend THAT much money, buy a nice umbrella stand and put the new umbrellas in there too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics