Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which blocks do the Jews live on (FR)

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:43 pm
We're looking at listings for a possible move to Far Rockaway. However, we have no idea which streets are in the Jewish part. We don't want to end up in the gang part, so what is the radius of the Jewish area? Thanks.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:45 pm
amother wrote:
We're looking at listings for a possible move to Far Rockaway. However, we have no idea which streets are in the Jewish part. We don't want to end up in the gang part, so what is the radius of the Jewish area? Thanks.

Jews are really spreading out in far rockaway. One of the better ways of asking is maybe mentioning a few areas you are looking into and have us tell you how the area is.

Also are you wantig to be in the middle of it or are 3-4 families on your block okay? There are areas that more people are moving into every day and there are entire blocks that are Jewish. How surrounded do you need to be?

groovy1224

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:46 pm
The Reads Lane area is all Jewish, then as you go towards Beach 9th it's more like 80%, and gets less and less as you move outward. There are plenty that live on beach 13th, and I think even 14th, but that area is still mixed. If you wanted to say the names of a couple of streets, I could tell you if there are Jews there.

ROFL

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:48 pm
I don't know about you all , but I thinks Jews love everything in far rock away !

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:57 pm
Op here- stupid autocorrect, I meant LIVE Smile

So, I don't need to be in the 100% Jewish bubble. My main concerns are safety (I know some parts of the area are really really bad) and being within a 15 minute walk of shuls/mikvah etc.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:59 pm
so almost everywhere in far rockaway is 15 minuets from a shul/mikvah I am in bayswater and only 20 minutes from the far rockaway mikvah!

Its just such a spread out area its really hard ot tell you "this block yes this block no" because half a block might be nice and the other half might be less so.

can you name a few areas/streets you are looking into?

groovy1224

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:02 pm
Are you looking to rent or buy? If you are renting, the landlord will be able to tell you about shuls that are nearby, and how mixed the area is.
If you are buying, perhaps consider going through a frum realtor? There are several in the area.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:02 pm
I really don't know, this is all preliminary research at the moment. I suppose I could peek at the listings that we've seen and ask here if that's the right location.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:05 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Are you looking to rent or buy? If you are renting, the landlord will be able to tell you about shuls that are nearby, and how mixed the area is.
If you are buying, perhaps consider going through a frum realtor? There are several in the area.

very good advice Smile

there are quite a few frum realtors that can answer the question without it being awakard. and as for renting. if you are getting something off the FTS you can easily ask the landlord how the block is

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:08 pm
Ok, any realtor suggestions (for rentals)? Also- the interesting listings so far were Seagirt blvd and the Beach teens and 20s.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, any realtor suggestions (for rentals)? Also- the interesting listings so far were Seagirt blvd and the Beach teens and 20s.

for rentals you really will have better luck just reading the five towns shuls list and calling landlords yourself. realtors take a hefty fee and typically don't have many properties that are not listed there as well.

shirtsandskirts

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 4:20 pm
Seagirt area and the higher beaches can still be somewhat jewish (darchei torah is b17th and seagirt). But right around there is also bad area. So you have to be careful where you are getting your listings from. On FTS it should be fine, I don't suggest to look at random apartments on craigs list or whatnot unless you know the area. But the Darchei area is really nice, close to the water and near lots of shuls and mikva etc.

redt85

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 5:58 pm
Call Yochi Sabri. 2124703856. He is an amazing RE agent in FR and knows the blocks well and can help you find a rental.

Optione

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 6:02 pm
Reads Lane and many of its side streets are all (almost all?) Jewish. Close to mikveh, schools, yeshivahs, and shuls.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating