Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaina wigs?

citimom

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 11:34 pm
I'm thinking of getting one at an upcoming sale. Anyone have any experience with this company? Thanks!

cbsmommy

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 3:21 am
I have one so I'll post.

My Shaina is 18 months old. In the beginning I wore it almost daily, currently, I wear it 3-4 days a week (mind you, that's because my work hours changed and I'm not about to put on a sheitel, not because the sheitel doesn't look ok).

I have a 10 inch sleek, straight piece. My hair is super curly, brown/black with red highlights, and at one point was down to my waist. Even with waist long hair, my shaina cap was decent. It's machine weft instead of hand sewn. It's not as light as my custom, but it isn't as heavy as my mother's old sheitel.

I could treat it better, but I don't often have the time. I don't send it in to a sheitel macher. I wash it every few weeks at home. Mine is so super straight that I cut mine with tons of super funky layers. It honestly looks good after airdrying with some mousse in it. No blowdryer or curlers required. It looks cute down or with a hat on top, but it cannot be put up into a ponytail because it is so thin.

I didn't have any shedding issues, and I had a custom wig go bald on me so I do have lots of experience with that particular horror.

The hair quality is decent, it doesn't look wiggy, and because I'm not trying to style it in ways it's not, it holds it's layered/choppy style. In humid weather (ie the summer) it tends to get oilier, but I've experienced that particular problem in numerous sheitel brands.

For a cheap sheitel, it fit the bill. I do NOT expect it to last 2 more years. I bought it figuring that if I wore it daily for 2 years (again, at the time I was working more) and I styled it myself even if it fell apart after the 2 years--- it was all I could afford within my budget.

Don't think you are getting a super high end sheitel at a ridiculously low price....but so long as you don't get a lemon (which can happen with ANY and ALL brands) you'll likely get 2 years out of it.

The good news is that if you get a lemon, my understanding from talking with alot of people is that it usually becomes fairly obvious within the first 6 months of the warranty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels