Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Buyer not paying on eBay
Previous  1  2  3  4

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
You mean even if I don't get payment eBay can take their 10 percent?

Can't they see I never got the money?

If you file a case against the buyer in the resolution center and Ebay decides in your favor (as in, no payment has shown up from the buyer), you get your final value fees back... no worries!

Quick question: is the next-highest bid high enough for you? Sending a second-chance offer means offering the next highest bidder a chance at the item at the highest price they bid.... I have sent these out (as an ebay seller) and a lot of times they do not get accepted.

IMO, re-list your item. If it is something genuinely good, it will sell.

Anyone who offers to pay by western union is purpotrating some kind of scam. For real.

Don't feel bad about cancelling this transaction and moving on.

Some people are just lame.... they bid for stuff and then change their minds... or they bid on the same item in several auctions and pay for the one they got the best deal for.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
So if I opened it Saturday night I can close it Wednesday night right?

I don't have to wait four working days because Monday is Presidents' Day so I do t have to wait an extra day.

From the link I posted:

Close the case
You need to manually close a case in 2 situations:
The buyer didn't pay and you've waited at least 4 days after you opened the case.
The buyer paid but didn't use an approved electronic payment method.
You need to wait 4 full days before you can close a case. For example, if you opened a case on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can close the case on October 9 at 11:15 am.
To close a case:
Answer the question Have you received payment from the buyer?
Click Close case.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 1:04 pm
The next highest bidder is $100 less but I was happy with that. I didn't expect the auction to go as high as it did that's why im wondering if she just bid it up with no intention of ever paying me or she was planing on paying through western union and getting her money back.
She keeps on telling me not to sell the item to anyone else because she has a wedding and needs the item.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 2:09 pm
Wow, this buyer has chutzpah! If she needs the item so desperately, she can find a way to pay for it. You are not a charity. I would tell her, very professionally, that you are not in a position to hold the item for her, and that if she cannot pay for it by the end of the time period, you will be relisting it. Period. If she gives you bad feedback, you can bring that to eBay's attention.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 2:38 pm
Thanks Naftali I have to wait until Tuesday night anyways. I emailed her if she figured it out yet and im waiting to see if she even responds. If she really doesn't plan on paying she'll stop responding to me.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 2:55 pm
No problem! You seem like a very lovely person, and nothing makes me madder than someone trying to take advantage of a nice person!!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 4:49 pm
Thanks again I will let to know what happens.

She did not respond to me again so I guess she is ignoring me.

My question is if eBay cancels the auction and I can't give her a negative feedback then who is to say that she won't do this again to someone else?
Maybe that is why she has zero feedback and is a member since 2010.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks again I will let to know what happens.

She did not respond to me again so I guess she is ignoring me.

My question is if eBay cancels the auction and I can't give her a negative feedback then who is to say that she won't do this again to someone else?
Maybe that is why she has zero feedback and is a member since 2010.

If eBay cancels the auction for nonpayment, she will get a strike on her account. If she does it enough times, she will lose her eBay privileges.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 6:22 pm
But if this lady did it already its not fair to me that she has a chance to do it again.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
But if this lady did it already its not fair to me that she has a chance to do it again.

There is a way to set up your auction so that buyers with 0 feedback can't bid on your item. Maybe others here can tell you how; I'm not sure how to do it. This way she can't bid the next time.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 7:44 pm
What I don't understand is why would she bid on my item if she has no intention of paying? What does she gain? The only thing I can think of is that she planned on scamming me but how? I would never do it out of eBay? What she could have done is claim she never got the item.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 18 2014, 5:33 pm
One more question: tonight is the fourth day after I started the claim and she still didn't pay and is ignoring me. Can I go to the second chance offer or do I have to close the car first?

Thabks

amother

Post Tue, Feb 18 2014, 7:14 pm
close the case now and then second chance it.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics