Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Easy no fail hamentashen I guarentee!!
Previous  1  2  3

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 6:34 pm
my daughter was home from school today, so we made hamentashen. I made the dough yesterday and refrigerated it overnight. they tasted good, but they all opened up Sad im going to try this recipe tomorrow or wednesday, and then make it with them thursday when they are home from school. I hope to have my whole mishloach manos finished by shabbos....

debsters1101

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 8:07 pm
Thank you I made these today they are perfection!!! Really a perfect dough. And I used earth balance, no problem. Delicious, and stays pinched! Thanks again for the recipe!

debsters1101

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 8:10 pm
By the way I doubled the recipe and only got about 45 hamentashen. I guess it depends how thick you roll them. Also I didn't refrigerate at all, and I mixed with my hands.

Aetrsnrady

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 9:56 pm
How thin do you toll it out?

debsters1101

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 3:50 am
Ummm... Hmm I'm not great with measurements but they definitely were not thin bc when I tried to make them thin they wouldn't stay pinched so they are on the thicker side, similar in texture to store bought hamentashen.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 2:42 pm
I just made them with my kids. first I made 6, just to see if they opened or not...I think 2 opened. going to try to make some more soon, ill let you know how it goes....

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 7:25 pm
most of them opened Sad

thinking mom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2013, 11:27 am
Just wanted to thank you for this excellent recipe. I've tried a number of hamentashen recipes and this is the best yet: dough was very easy to work with, and final product is good enough that you enjoy even the bites without filling.
I had no orange juice so I used apple and it was fine. Refrigerated for half an hour which definitely made it easier to work with, and most stayed closed. I doubled the recipe, but next time I'd triple (each recipe makes about 30 hamentashen).

Teacup9

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 2:27 pm
No baking soda/powder or salt? That is correct?

thinking mom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 2:32 pm
I didn't use baking powder or salt and they were great.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 4:08 pm
mine taste great, just most of them opened up Sad

friedmana1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 5:48 pm
Great tasting recipe! Most of mine stayed closed too!

flmommy

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 6:41 pm
Great recipe. Thanks for posting. I wasn't going to make ut it was so easy I decided to.

Teacup9

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 6:54 pm
This didn't turn out well for me Sad . The dough was very dry and crumbly and hard to work with. I tried adding a little liquid to part of the batch while I was rolling it out, but it didn't help. I made them thicker than I like because I couldn't get a thinner circle to stay without cracking. They didn't open at all, but they were very crumby. I used palm oil shorting/margarine so maybe that was the problem.

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:03 am
I just saw your post- I know its from a few years agao- but what is vanilla sugar? Is that different than vanilla extract?

smss

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:04 am
eema1 wrote:
I just saw your post- I know its from a few years agao- but what is vanilla sugar? Is that different than vanilla extract?

it's basically sugar infused with vanilla. you can use the equal amount of vanilla extract instead.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics