Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Tomchei shabbos or the like

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 1:30 pm
I'm trying to reach tomchei shabbos or if there is any other organization like it. I've called the BP # so many times and never get an answer. Please don't bash, I work very hard to try to make ends meet and I don't get any other kind of benefits.
thank you

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 2:02 pm
Im sorry that you are in this situation Hug

My SIL gets food from Bnai Raphael. http://www.bnairaphaelchesed.org/

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 10:39 am
thank you to the woman who responded to me. I will contact that organization. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 11:03 am
I don't have any suggestions but I wanted to say that I'm saddened that a post like this has to be prefaced with, "Please don't bash..."

OP, I hope you get the info and help you need and are back on your feet before you know it.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:05 pm
I think if you call R Slumiac in Lakewood , I will look for the # if you can't find it , he can help put you in touch with some places. He runs Tomchei Shabbos in Lakewood . I think they are affiliated with organizations in Brooklyn.

busydev

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
I'm trying to reach tomchei shabbos or if there is any other organization like it. I've called the BP # so many times and never get an answer. Please don't bash, I work very hard to try to make ends meet and I don't get any other kind of benefits.
thank you

are you eligible for government benefits? The biggest chesed program where I live prefers for people to apply for govt help before taking from their food pantry. this way ppl that are not eligible are able to get more. and the people that are eligible dont need as much help from the food pantry (they still allow you to take from them- but w/ food stamps etc they dont need as much)

if you are eligible then please apply for it. thats what they are there for. If you are not eligible then I hope you get thru to tomchei shabbos or the like soon. sorry I dont have their number.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:52 pm
that's the thing. I am not eligible for any gov. help programs, I make a bit over the cut offs for anything. I work full-time, I am in school, I am doing everything to keep myself and children afloat (I am alone with them and no help in any way). So this is the struggle.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 1:28 pm
You might want to try contacting Masbia. They can help for weekdays, not just shabbos.

In terms of Tomchei Shabbos, maybe your rav can call for you.

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 2:39 pm
bump

amother

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:12 am
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics