Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Need advice ASAP!! Please help

amother

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:12 am
My son is in first grade, jut turned 7 years old. We started him on med dec/jan time. He started on aderol (it was supposed to be vyvanse but the pharmacy didn't have it) and we changed the dose once or twice, and then we switched him to concerta because the aderol was making him beyond bonkers. The concerta worked for about 2 weeks, and then he started getting bonkers again. Over pesach he did not take any meds and he was GREAT, to the point that my in laws and sisters in law all said something to me. So when we got home, I kept him off the meds. First day back at yeshiva was ok, no one noticed anything. But then Friday and most of last week didn't work out so well. I really don't want to put him back on, because he was so good off, and I really feel that it's the school system/rebbi/principal that are making him nuts. But the principal of course doesn't agree, and he said that the reason it went so well over pesach was because it was a different kind of structure (ya think?!?!) and he needs the meds to be successful in school.
Help!!! What do I do? Drug my kid because the school system sucks? Keep him off and risk them kicking him out?
Oh, and on top of it all, he sits right next to his Rebbis desk, so the rebbi sees every little fidget....I suggested maybe moving him to a back corner of the room. The principal said it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other- in the front he doesn't disturb the boys but his rebbi sees everything. In the back his rebbi doesn't see as much but he disturbs the boys near him....

Help help help!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)