Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What can I see in YOUR town
Previous  1  2  3  4

lotte

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 11:44 am
If you want to have those delish pickles at the lower east-side,a visit you will never forget here is the info:
nycpickleguys.com
49 Essex st.(Grand & Hester) 212-835-2695
Enjoy!

withhumor

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 11:59 am
OUCH my glands hurt

purplesquare

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 1:04 pm
We are planning on going to all of the 48 continuous states. we really need real suggestions we will be living in a motor home for a year. hope some of you out there can help....thanx.

shayna82

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 1:07 pm
that sounds like soo much fun. Pittsburgh is full of historical places, like the river is where some war took place. im not sure, but its worth looking into. we are all the way on the western boarder of PA, close to ohio, 7 hours from ny, 4 hours from baltimore, 6 hours from toronto.

rvbubby

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 1:36 pm
Purplesquare, you are in for an adventure. Where do I begin? We've been through 45 states (in an RV for 3 1/2 years). Maine has Acadia National Park with the only fjord in the US, Old Orchard Beach in the summer has a beautiful old shul built to represent a boat. There is an orthodox minyan there but only in good weather. (It was raining the Shabbos we were there so only 7 showed up.) There are a few RV parks within walking distance of the shul in Old Orchard Beach. New Hampshire has the White MOuntains and Mount Washington, the flume which is a beautiful natural setting with waterfalls, etc. Vermont has the Vermont Teddy bear factory and Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream tour- both interesting. Massachussetts- Boston (which we missed), Plymouth Rock and our country's history with a replica of the Mayflower- worth seeing. Rhode Island don't miss Touro Synagogue. When we were there years ago we spent a Shabbos there. The shul is closed to visitors on Shabbos but open for davening with a frum minyan (maybe not too many frum daveners but the service is ok.)
Connecticut make sure to go to Mystic seaport. New York has too much to describe. By the way, where are you starting out from? NY- Niagara Falls a don't miss; Ausable Chasm in the Northeast of the state; Corning with the glass factory- great; the city though the only place anywhere near to park the RV is in Jersey City- expensive and nothing there. The RV park is about 50 feet from the ferry to the city or you can drive (if you plan on towing a car with you) it's only about 15 minutes.
I could go on, but I'm afraid I'd take up too much space here. PM me and I can give you lots more info- not just on places to go and see, but where to park the RV. Before I forget, make sure you stop in San Jose, CA for the friendliest people. We parked our RV in their parking lot for Shavuos and quite a few Shabbosim. Wonderfully warm community.
Let me know when you want more info.

Aimee

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 6:30 pm
greenfire wrote:
ME Mr. Green

there is also Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Science Center
Lake Erie
Sledding in park or rolling (whichever is easier)
.50 movies (on monday nt)

Other than that I guess Cleveland is boring nothing like NY chaos though

LOL Cleveland is awesome! But you're right, it is nothing like NY Very Happy

HappyPurim

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 8:32 am
Does anyone have the phone# for the jewish childrens museum in CH ?

TIA

timeout

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:02 pm
http://jewishchildren.museum/
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics