Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Boss says no big deal- WDYT?

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 7:24 am
I work directly with children. I have pinkeye. I will be starting abx just as soon as I pick it up, so I should be good by tomorrow. Boss says if I'm feeling fine, it's fine to come in. But pinkeye is very contagious- I probably caught it from one of the kids. It's obviously not such a terrible illness, but it feels wrong to expose kids to it. WDYT?

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 7:27 am
I'd ask your doctor for his opinion.

And by the way it's nice that you're concerned for your students. I see many teachers annoyed with sick kids coming to school but they themselves still come in with the worst symptoms.

busydev

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 7:35 am
my child recently had pink eye. the dr said to make sure to wash hands frequently. its passed thru touch, so if you wash your hands well and dont touch your eye (and wash every time you do) then it should be fine.

chaiz

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 7:54 am
amother wrote:
I work directly with children. I have pinkeye. I will be starting abx just as soon as I pick it up, so I should be good by tomorrow. Boss says if I'm feeling fine, it's fine to come in. But pinkeye is very contagious- I probably caught it from one of the kids. It's obviously not such a terrible illness, but it feels wrong to expose kids to it. WDYT?

That is very interesting as many schools have policies of not allowing kids to come to school with pink eye. I feel it is wrong. Pink eye is extremely contagious and it is almost impossible to expect someone to not touch their eye.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 7:59 am
pinkeye is contagious ... why would your boss say it's okay - I'm sure everybody knows it's not a good idea to spread pinkeye

suzyq

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 8:06 am
As a mother of young children, I wouldn't want you to come in. Pinkeye is VERY contagious and you have to be EXTREMELY cautious in order not to transmit it to anyone. I'd prefer my children not to have it - much better safe than sorry.

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 8:44 am
OP here- I called my doctor for a note, and he personally called my boss and said What are you thinking, to knowingly expose kids to something? So, I'm not going in, I am cleared to go in for tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics