Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Politics in office /boss

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:09 pm
I’m just posting this here to vent. There’s some internal politics in my company. It’s a small company (think 10 women) and it’s mainly two people who are difficult to work with.
It seems like the way this company works (I joined about 6 months ago) is when you have an issue with someone you go tell the boss. This never sat well with me. I’m not in high school and I’m not tattling to the principal when I’m not happy with someone. I’m an adult I’ll either suffer through or work it out with that person herself. And I’ve done so. There was something bothering me about the behavior of my manager (one of the two difficult ppl) and I wrote up a letter explaining that while I enjoy working under her this specific thing that she does really gets to me. She was very receptive and worked on changing the situation.
Now however my boss called me in to tell me that this manager has a problem with me not respecting her. I have no idea what they are talking abt and we scheduled a meeting to discuss it tomorrow. I feel very hurt by this person. I had no clue she had an issue with me and instead of treating me with respect and letting me know she went straight to tattle to the boss. I also think the whole setup is weird. Never in my life has a performance review of me as an employee included an analysis of my behavior!!
Anyways no idea what to say tomorrow. have no idea what she means by not respecting her. Happens to be that due to hormonal bc I’ve been very moody lately but I can’t imagine it was so bad that she felt she had to complain to the boss. And also I’m not very well going to explain that to my male boss.
I’m just very upset that she ruined my reputation in the company without giving me a chance to work it out first. I guess I can say good bye to any raise or promotion I dreamed of in the next little bit
Think I’m done now. Support welcome Smile

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 10:58 pm
Seems like there is good reason why everyone goes straight to the boss instead of the female manager. She went to tell on you before you tell on her. She seems to be hormonal or emotional. By you "challenging" her in the letter she felt disrespected. Don't take it personal. Daven that Hashem should put the right words in your mouth. I'm sure you're not the first one to have an issue with this manager. Just be honest, start with complimenting the company and what you do like about the job, environment, coworkers etc.
Tell the boss you didn't want to make a big deal so you took it up in a letter with the manager which you felt was the best way to keep it civil & respectful. Don't get emotional its all in Hashem's hand. Be nice, respectful and clearly state your case about the issues you have with the manager.

Wishing you much peace and hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics