Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig purifier

greenfire

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 5:02 pm
sounds a little bit meshuga ... that's how it goes

http://www.wigpurifier.com/wig_purifier.html

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 9:16 pm
obnoxious odors?

greenfire

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 9:37 pm
good catch ... I guess they're so obnoxious thinking anyone will purchase said product that they do not know the difference between noxious odors

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 9:44 pm
I just wonder if it is safe to use...

zaq

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:50 pm
Rich cream faux-suede interior "compliments" the brass hardware: Say, Hardy, you're looking good! Nice shine, is it new? Dig those latches!

It's an ozone generator disguised as a wig box. Ozone doesn't kill odors at all; it paralyzes the olfactory nerve so you don't smell anything, but the odors are still there. Ozone is good for disinfecting water should you find yourself in the outback with only a rain puddle to slake your thirst, or in the African rain forest where there's water aplenty but it teems with disease-causing microorganisms. However, you;d have to be crazy to use one at home.

This is from http://www.epa.gov/groundlevel.....html:

Ozone in the air we breathe can harm our health—typically on hot, sunny days when ozone can reach unhealthy levels. Even relatively low levels of ozone can cause health effects. People with lung disease, children, older adults, and people who are active outdoors may be particularly sensitive to ozone.

Children are at greatest risk from exposure to ozone because their lungs are still developing and they are more likely to be active outdoors when ozone levels are high, which increases their exposure. Children are also more likely than adults to have asthma.

Breathing ozone can trigger a variety of health problems including chest pain, coughing, throat irritation, and congestion. It can worsen bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma. Ground level ozone also can reduce lung function and inflame the linings of the lungs. Repeated exposure may permanently scar lung tissue.

Ozone can:

Make it more difficult to breathe deeply and vigorously.
Cause shortness of breath and pain when taking a deep breath.
Cause coughing and sore or scratchy throat.
Inflame and damage the airways.
Aggravate lung diseases such as asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis.
Increase the frequency of asthma attacks.
Make the lungs more susceptible to infection.
Continue to damage the lungs even when the symptoms have disappeared.

zaq

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:53 pm
PS: ozone is used as a bleach in commercial laundries, paper mills and other industrial processes. Even if it were safe to breathe, I'd be concerned about its effect on my wig's color.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 10:57 am
Indian hair?

zaq

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 10:35 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Indian hair?

Hee, hee!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels