Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do you live in NMB?

amother

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 9:04 am
We have been on the fence about moving to this community for some time. Can you please tell me.... anything. What you like best/least about living there. What's the best way to go about finding a home? I understand that many don't list with realtors. Are there certain streets that are more/less desirable?

amother

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 4:34 pm
BUMP

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 5:56 pm
So I went to one of my favorite sites:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/NMB.html

I assume you mean North Miami Beach?

amother

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 6:49 pm
Sorry you had to look it up, but of course anyone able to answer my question will not need to. Yes, North Miami Beach, FL.

Does't ANYONE live there?

amother

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 9:53 pm
Well I have several properties there, and spend some time there every year.
The best thing you can do for yourself is go down there, spend some time there, and then decide.
It is a nice little community, with many choices, and of course vacationers coming in all the time means that there are lots of shuls, restaurants, schools, etc.
Like everywhere, it has its plusses and minuses. What are your specific questions?
I have many relatives and friends there as well.

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 1:19 am
I lived there for many years and will be happy to answer specific questions

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 1:35 pm
OP

I have visited for shabbos before, but it's been quite a few years.

Really these are my main questions:

Is it a welcoming, close-knit community? Do people reach out to newcomers or will we feel isolated? I am coming from a very OOT place with zero going on. I'm looking to make friends, and for my kids to have social opportunities.

Is it safe? I hear that crime is an issue. How bad is it? Do you feel safe in your home? Do you feel safe walking alone outside?

I was told a few years back that homes are not listed with realtors, and you need to know someone to find what's for sale. Also, I was told that you need to have cash available to buy the house outright because the homes are in such hot demand and sellers want cash only closings. I this true? This sounds crazy and I don't know how we could ever do this. But in any case, who are the people "in the know" to contact if we want to start looking?

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 2:45 pm
What age are your kids

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 3:11 pm
8 and under.

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 3:14 pm
New amother here, may I ask why you want to live in NMB? Why not Boca or Miami Beach?

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 3:19 pm
Miami Beach housing is way out of our budget. No clue about Boca. But NMB I know to be affordable.

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 3:24 pm
I think nmb is a warm community. I live elsewhere in south Florida and I think all the communities here are Smile (new amother)

amother

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 3:30 pm
I live elsewhere in South Florida too. I wonder where you are. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating