Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info on miami beach

amother

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 5:59 pm
My DH may have an opportunity there and has always wanted to move there. Everyone I know lives in Tower 41 and is there temporarily or has not yet bought a house. Are there any young people who are there for good or do they all go nmb when they outgrow their apartments. Are there elementary schools for boy and girls (separate) or do they have to travel to nmb. I am looking for a bais yaakov type of school, but not too far to the right. Are there any affordable housing options? Where do people with homes live? What shul do they daven in? Also I noticed that a lot of the younger women do not work is this a misconception? Are there jobs- part or full time available? Any info would really help.

amother

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
My DH may have an opportunity there and has always wanted to move there. Everyone I know lives in Tower 41 and is there temporarily or has not yet bought a house. Are there any young people who are there for good or do they all go nmb when they outgrow their apartments. Are there elementary schools for boy and girls (separate) or do they have to travel to nmb. I am looking for a bais yaakov type of school, but not too far to the right. Are there any affordable housing options? Where do people with homes live? What shul do they daven in? Also I noticed that a lot of the younger women do not work is this a misconception? Are there jobs- part or full time available? Any info would really help.

I live in Miami Beach, and I love it here Smile

We've been living here almost 3 years, and we recently bought a condo. There are people who stay for good, but it's true that the cost of housing tends to send a lot of young families out eventually. The cost of renting is not astronomical, though, so you can definitely try it out. Also, you can contact realtors here who can tell you how much you can realistically expect to spend if you'd like to buy. There are lots of foreclosures and short sells now, so you can get a good deal, like we did.

People generally live around the 41st street area, anywhere from Pine Tree to Alton, and there are lots of shuls. A lot of the younger crowd davens in Ahavas Torah, which is near Tower 41.

Yeshiva Elementary School is in Miami Beach, and they have separate buildings for boys and girls past preschool. Most people in Miami Beach send there, so you have a wide range, from yeshivish to more modern. The school is run by BY type administration.

Sometimes I also feel like none of the women here work, but the truth is, many do (like myself!). I'm really not sure how they all survive on one salary, but plenty of women do work, and the others seem to respect it. I can try to find out more about jobs if you let me know what line of work you're in.

Hope that helps!

amother

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 11:15 pm
Yeshiva Elementary School is a great school. Just wanted to correct the first amother that the boys and girls are in separate parts of the same building and NOT in different buildings. They do their best to keep it as separate as possible but there are parts of the building shared like the gym, and same front office for both boys and girls.

amother

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 11:35 am
The elementary school you mention- is it run like a yeshiva\BY and are together in same building just because or is a more modern type of school. Is there a uniform for the girls? Where do the boys and girls end up for high school?
To amother who has lived there for three years do you anticipate living there for long term or do you expect to move away when you outgrow your condo?
Also do young couples all live in tower 41 or are there any other buildings with couples?
Thanks

amother

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 2:23 pm
amother wrote:
The elementary school you mention- is it run like a yeshiva\BY and are together in same building just because or is a more modern type of school. Is there a uniform for the girls? Where do the boys and girls end up for high school?
To amother who has lived there for three years do you anticipate living there for long term or do you expect to move away when you outgrow your condo?
Also do young couples all live in tower 41 or are there any other buildings with couples?
Thanks

amother 3 years here

YES is definitely run like a yeshiva/BY. They share a building due to budgetary/space considerations. Also, an important point to note is that the school only goes up til 6th grade. After that, the girls go to BY Miami or another smaller school, and the boys go to the Mechina or elsewhere.

We love Miami, and are trying to make it work here parnasa-wise. I guess we'll see once we outgrow our condo where we are holding in that aspect. . . if we can afford to buy a home here. There are so many advantages to living here, that I really do hope it works out. (I am a born and bred NYer, btw).

Tower 41 probably has the highest concentration of Jewish families out of any one building. However, there are lots of small buildings (I.e. 4 units, etc.) where young families live too. Anything around the 41st street area is likely to be near other young families. Once a family has a 4+ kids, they usually rent or buy a house.

amother

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 2:25 pm
Forget to mention that the girls do have a uniform, starting in 1st grade I believe. Here's their web site- you can get more of an idea what they're like

http://yeshivaelementary.com/

afeldman79

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:09 pm
interested in moving to miami beach. would like info re housing costs.also noted that in 33141 north shore area seems cheaper.is this area frum? noticed rabbi weberman has shul in same zip code.is ohev shalom the shul of this neighborhood. I am interested in sending my kids to YES and bais yakov miami, so looking for neighborhood aligning to that of these schools. any information would be so appreciated, help please:)

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:16 pm
afeldman79 wrote:
interested in moving to miami beach. would like info re housing costs.also noted that in 33141 north shore area seems cheaper.is this area frum? noticed rabbi weberman has shul in same zip code.is ohev shalom the shul of this neighborhood. I am interested in sending my kids to YES and bais yakov miami, so looking for neighborhood aligning to that of these schools. any information would be so appreciated, help please:)

33141 has a very small community and your kids probably won't have any classmates there. The kids at yes and by mostly live in miami Beach, surfside/bal harbour, and north miami beach. Some also live in Hollywood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating