Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
To the 45+ mothers: Would you want to be young again?

Do you want to be 20 yrs younger?
Yes  
 18%  [ 3 ]
No  
 50%  [ 8 ]
Yes, as long as I could remain with my wisdom and experience  
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 7:49 pm
If you had the choice, would you want to be 20 years younger, without the wisdom and experience you have now?

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:58 pm
What a question who wouldn't Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:02 pm
Tefila wrote:
What a question who wouldn't Rolling Eyes

The biggest advantage of being young is your looks. When you hit 45, you realize that looks don't get you the best things in life.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:03 pm
I am 35 and would want to be 10 years younger. (maybe even 20 Confused )
Life flies, its scary!

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:35 pm
My looks have never got me the best things in life. My personality and my kindness and my chesed has, though, and that you can have at any age.

I wouldn't mind having my children again, if I could be promised the exact same children, with the same wonderful personalities, etc, and do it with the knowledge I've gained over the last 27 years.

On second thoughts, Nah. I'm quite happy where I am. I just want to be fitter and healthier (and I wasn't, 10 years ago, either!)

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:40 pm
To my fellow 35 year old: you actually want to be 15??? I sure don't! I suppose it would nice to have the youth of a 25 year old with my experience but I'll take my age and experience any day and 15 was horrid for me and 25 I was young and stupid. Of course this is about ladies 45 and over who I admire and would love to hear from and with that I will be quiet! Smile

shanie5

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:09 pm
well, im hitting 40 soon, and no, I dont want to be younger-I am happy right where I am now Very Happy

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:39 pm
I am almost 40, and I don't mind my age (other than a few wrinkles!). But I kind of wish that I could start over again. I got married too young, and married to please my parents. I wouldn't mind starting over and choosing a lifestyle that I want and a husband who wants the same. If I could take the maturity that I've gained since I was 20 and use it in deciding who and when to marry... my whole life would be different.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
I am almost 40, and I don't mind my age (other than a few wrinkles!). But I kind of wish that I could start over again. I got married too young, and married to please my parents. I wouldn't mind starting over and choosing a lifestyle that I want and a husband who wants the same. If I could take the maturity that I've gained since I was 20 and use it in deciding who and when to marry... my whole life would be different.

That's what you think!

There are a lot of ingredients that go into happiness and we aren't in control of any of them.

I married who and when I wanted, I live the lifestyle I chose, and the problems I have, are from other sources. G-d runs the world. "A Mentsch Tracht un Gut Lacht!

You don't know a person and the chemistry and relationship you'll have with that person until years later. Also, both people change somewhat as they age.

Rina

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:07 am
I turned 46 about a month and a half ago. Aside from some wrinkes and a lot of gray hair, I am really happy with my age. I really loved being a stay at home mom and being able to raise my children, and sometimes I think it would be nice to be back at that stage of life. But in reality, I am really happy that my youngest is nearing bar mitzva and my husband and I have the freedom to enjoy life a little bit more.
Due to ongoing stress, surgery, a family death, a wedding and two trips to the emergency room, I told my husband that I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and I needed to get away. So we went away for shabbos, leaving Thursday afternoon and coming back motzai shabbos. When my kids were little, we could never do that!
Life is B"H great at all stages and ages. We just have to see the cup as half full and not half empty. And if we have our health, shalom bayis, healthy children and a little bit of money we should thank G-d and be happy with where we are.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:14 am
So I guess I'm not allowed to answer this question yet - I'll wait another year Wink

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:33 am
A dream to go back twenty years. Very Happy

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
To my fellow 35 year old: you actually want to be 15??? I sure don't! I suppose it would nice to have the youth of a 25 year old with my experience but I'll take my age and experience any day and 15 was horrid for me and 25 I was young and stupid. Of course this is about ladies 45 and over who I admire and would love to hear from and with that I will be quiet! Smile

OK, maybe not 15. But I wouldn't mind starting over as a young, innocent newlywed having my first baby, being blissfully unaware what life is all about Wink .
I am just not ready to marry off a child yet!!!!!! Shaking Ok, I still have some time, but before I turn around......

(I am ch"v not complaining about my life, I thank Hashem for every day, with all the ups and downs)

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:21 pm
Hey 45 years is still YOUNG!!! Wait till you're 65 at least to start worrying about your age

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
Hey 45 years is still YOUNG!!! Wait till you're 65 at least to start worrying about your age
At 45 you realize how quickly the last 20 years flew by and so will the next 20!

shalhevet

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:28 pm
I've just turned forty and life is good where I am. I certainly wouldn't want to be back in my early twenties, wondering if I was going to get married, or for over the first year of marriage, wondering if I would get pregnant.

Here I am - and I can only thank Hashem for His wonderful gifts. I am enjoying raising children of all different ages and watching the interaction between them. I feel that life is really interesting now, dealing with all sorts of issues in chinuch.

I just daven for continued siyata dishmaya to continue watching my family grow and grow up.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:42 pm
Would DH stay the same age, or ……………
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics