Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help with wording of advertisement for small apt

amother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 6:14 pm
I have an apt to rent out that is a small 2 bedroom, one bedroom is decent sized, the second is a small bedroom, there is a dinette area, kitchen, bathroom, and a few large closets. how would you word the apt? if I say 2 BR (bedroom) then I may lose out on young couples that will be only looking at 1 bedrooms, but at the same time, it is a 2 BR so I don't really want to write 1 BR. does junior 2 BR make sense? any other ways to write it?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
I have an apt to rent out that is a small 2 bedroom, one bedroom is decent sized, the second is a small bedroom, there is a dinette area, kitchen, bathroom, and a few large closets. how would you word the apt? if I say 2 BR (bedroom) then I may lose out on young couples that will be only looking at 1 bedrooms, but at the same time, it is a 2 BR so I don't really want to write 1 BR. does junior 2 BR make sense? any other ways to write it?

Its called a Junior 4 -- a one bedroom with either a windowed dining alcove that could be converted into a bedroom, or a second small bedroom or office.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 12:43 am
Can you write 1.5 bedrooms. Or one bedroom, one office.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 12:54 am
You might say the small bedroom has a door and one window, and is xyz square feet.

You might say the large bedroom has a door and two windows and is xzy square feet.

Mention if it is on the corner of the building, if it is. People like to have two different directions to look at. "Corner apartment".

Just mention if the kitchen is eat-in, if it is. You didn't say so, here.

You might mention if the kitchen and the bathrooms have windows. Huge selling point if they do.

You might mention "approximate square feet in total".

chatz

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 1:12 am
Depends where you are. You can read the classified where you plan on advertising to get a feel.

In Brooklyn, that would totally be a 2BR. I see the price and understand the room layout / general size. A big closet gets upped into a BR in high demand, small space areas.

I would write 2 BR "appropriate for X (young couple, couple with young child)"

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:20 am
Thanks, I would love to write "ideal for young couple" but the newspaper doesn't allow it since it is discrimination. The kitchen does have an eat in dinette, but there is no formal dining room, the dinette is nice sized though, it's like a small dining room, there are 2 BR's, bathroom, and a few large closets.

happy to be me

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:37 am
How about small 2 bedroom.
People are so desperate for apartments these days that I don't think the wording needs to be so detailed. When people call you can describe it with more detail.
Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating