Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Need fashion help shopping for school kids in Lakewood

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 10:35 am
Hi - I am totally clueless about kids fashion. I have a girl going into third grade this year and I need to get her shoes for school. What shoes are in-style for schools in Lakewood this year? And can I buy something that she will not be embarrassed of but is not very expensive?

Also - what are kids getting this year for knapsacks? Kids last year were using messenger bags (she had a backpack). She wants a messenger bag this year - but is that still what everyone is getting this year?

TIA!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 2:33 pm
Not sure what's in style. I know the shoe store on Kennedy Blvd (where Rite Aid and Hoisery Plus are) should have pretty much in style for better prices.

You can window shop other more expensive stores quickly, not sure if it's halachically ethical to go in and see what they are selling and what others are buying. Same for Packs Unlimited where you will surely see what's flying off the shelves.

Your daughter may know what her friends have. Personally last year I spent more for the messenger bags and told them it would have to last two years. One got her in the co-op and it ended up being much sturdier and lasting much longer for a better price, so go figure.

Just my guess - shoes like a mary jane with the wide stretchy strap may still be in style, but I think also lace shoes. I'm not really sure.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:25 pm
Thanks for your help!

sky

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
Not sure what's in style. I know the shoe store on Kennedy Blvd (where Rite Aid and Hoisery Plus are) should have pretty much in style for better prices.

Shoe Spot.
Their shoes are made well. And his customer service is AMAZING. I will always go back there after how he stood behind his product, I didn't expect him to go as far as he did.
the styles are similar to other stores but are more solid (he sells a loafer like the venettini, but the stitching is better, and there is a rubber sole that comes up higher on the shoe so the leather there isn't rubbed out as fast).

Lands end is having a sale on messenger bags today (I'm not sure if that is the style worn but I ordered it for a 3rd and 4th grader today that seemed happy with the color and style)

groisamomma

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 10:21 pm
sky wrote:
Shoe Spot.
Their shoes are made well. And his customer service is AMAZING. I will always go back there after how he stood behind his product, I didn't expect him to go as far as he did.
the styles are similar to other stores but are more solid (he sells a loafer like the venettini, but the stitching is better, and there is a rubber sole that comes up higher on the shoe so the leather there isn't rubbed out as fast).

Lands end is having a sale on messenger bags today (I'm not sure if that is the style worn but I ordered it for a 3rd and 4th grader today that seemed happy with the color and style)

Both times I went to the shoe spot they sized my kids wrong. I no longer shop there but if you do then make sure only the owner fits your kids, not the tall skinny female salesperson.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics