Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Where do you go for Tashlich?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:51 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Well, I can't exactly go back in time and tell my childhood self that. These days I don't go anywhere near enough the water to conceivably be able to throw something in, so I don't think it's a problem anymore.
Sorry if my post came across as rude. of course you cant go back in time. As a child I also threw bread in the water on RH until I learned the halacha. The point of my post was just to bring awareness to this halacha. So if others are throwing in bread because they were not aware that its a problem then now they know to ask a shayila.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 12:14 pm
I learned that if you go to Tashlich on Rosh Hashana, you are not supposed to throw anything into the water. You are not allowed to feed animals that don't belong to you on Yom Tov. Feel free to ask your LOR.

As for the question asked in this thread....I live across the street from a gorgeous lake. I can say Tashlich from my front porch Smile.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:36 pm
We go to Puerto Madero and it seems like every year the tide is lower and lower. We go on chol hamoed sukkos.

achayl

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:45 pm
I had always wanted a fish pond in my backyard. Now I'm at the stage where the kids are all grown and there are no grandchildren yet. This spring we actually built one, and I have fish in it.

Turns out, we can do tashlich in it. I never would have thought so, but we were told my 3 LOR's that it's a body of water with fish, so it's perfectly fine.

Truth is you see photos of Rebbe's with kiddie pools set up with fish put into it, so mine is definitely good.

For once my quirky idea has paid off!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur