Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
My expensive taste

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:20 pm
I dont know what to do.I have very expensive taste and I love high quality goods(shoes,socks,furniture..everything!) but can not afford it.what can I do?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:22 pm
Edited b/c maybe I was too quick to judge this post as fake. 50-50.

Last edited by DefyGravity on Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:22 pm
Get rid of your credit cards!!
Stay away from malls.
Look through your closet to find stuff you haven't worn for a long time and forgot about, I'm telling you it will be like you found a whole new wardrobe!

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:36 pm
I have learned to be more tolerant of people who have less expensive taste. Look towards everything else that they have to offer besides for their brand name stuff, and beautiful paintings and parquet floors. When you find happiness elsewhere, material things suddenly lose its value. It takes time, it took me 9 years, but I realized it’s all a game, and I was the main player!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:38 pm
What do you consider very expensive? Are you buying Blahnik (sp?) shoes for $600 a pair or are you talking about shoes that are $100 a pair?

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:41 pm
Think of how long it took for your happiness and excitement to dissipate after you made your most expensive and yearned for purchases of your life.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:46 pm
Buy one quality thing instead of several cheaper things.

mumsy23

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:53 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Buy one quality thing instead of several cheaper things.

She doesn't have a problem with buying several cheap things - she has a problem with her expensive taste...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:50 pm
At my age I also don't much buy cheap things anymore . . . but I know that I can't get tons of things, then. OP, is that your situation?

DesignMommy

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:56 pm
I also have very expensive tastes. I found that once I could see and feel the difference in quality, I much prefered the more expensive stuff, most of the time.
I shop a lot of sales, always look for deals, and would prefer to have one very good quality skirt that looks fantastic then 4 that look so so...but that is a personality thing.
As for not being able to afford it, buy the best you can on sale, I guess! I wish I could say- it is not important, enjoy the real important things in life (and I tell myself that often!) but I know exactly how you feel.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:25 pm
I love to buy on sale because the stuff that I love, is out of y range when it’s full price. I speak to many people and they all say they can’t shop on sale. They can’t figure out what size to by for their kids for next year and stuff like that, it’s either I’m jus plain lucky, or I learned the hard way, with some sale stuff not being used the next season.

Anyone need brand new with tag white shoes from daffy’s size 32 girls, mary janes with pink flowers… a drop too tight on my 9 year old and you know the return policy from Daffy’s… I paid $30.

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:43 pm
my dd's a 29, maybe for next yr, lol.
I also buy last season's stuff on sale and put away and now with a 2nd dd enjoying #1's stuff, I apprecieate the better quality. I think though, we need to diffrentiate bet. plain expensive and better quality. I do better at gymboree on sale than at gap, and I think their better quality

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:46 pm
I look for the good stuff ... when it's on sale ... don't pay full price for anything anymore ...

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:03 am
In a recent issue of Consumer Reports there was a comparison in two pairs of womens black pumps. One was priced at $400 and the other at $80. While the more expensive one was of better quality it was not 5X better. Part of the price is designer name, duties and import tax, and dealer commission.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 11:43 am
Another reasons I have issue with ppl buying expensive electronics, like a food processor.

You can't beat getting something new and clean!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics