Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
1  2  Next

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 10:12 am
I have been reading this book forever - trying to catch up to my kids ... I finally finished and started #6 ... Hope I finish before 7/7/07 ...

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 10:47 am
I didn't get to read # 6 yet.

I thought the book was coming out on the 21st of July. I thik they WANTED it to be the 7th, but it won't.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 10:52 am
So I have an extra week and a half to finish ... I must be caught up with kids ... cause we like to read them together ...

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 1:34 pm
I am up to date on all 6 books. I have till the end of August to finish the 7th book, so that I get to read it before my girls come home from camp, lol

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 4:04 pm
Read all 6 books. We preorder our book from Amazon so they come on the day they are released. I am usually so into it that I finish the book within 24 hours. Dh knows not to disturb me and and I know not to disturb him. Have you not noticed how they are getting darker and darker as the books go along. I think also with each book they are aimed at different age groups. The first book was aimed at 10 to 11 year olds and each book is aimed at a older age. Afterthe last one I was very disappointed at the person that she killed off and the ending. Will say no more as I guess some of you have not finished reading it yet. But someone did point out to me that this set the stage for a very explosive final book. Well we'll see won't we............

dr pepper

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 9:43 pm
I also have read all of them. I want to reread them all, too, before I read #7. I want to make sure I'm not lost on any details when it comes to the last book.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 8:44 am
I have read them all more than once. It's funny how you pick up things you missed the fist time around. I think they kept getting better. Can't wait for # 7.

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:05 am
I have read them all many times. recently I read them straight thru so I can be ready for the 7th when it comes out.
when wil the 7th be coming out?

I was also very upset with the person they killed at the end of the 6th, but dh, who only read the 1st one and thinks I'm crazy, said it was obvious.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:39 pm
Why are you giving away the ending ... of 6th I said I just started reading it ....
my kids reread all ... I forgot what happened in #4 ... I hope to finish 6th before 7th comes out ...

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:41 pm
I'm totally blanking out as to what happened in the 6th one. I think I'll reread it over pesach.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:52 pm
great we'll read it together Wink

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 2:02 pm
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
I have read them all many times. recently I read them straight thru so I can be ready for the 7th when it comes out.
when wil the 7th be coming out?

I was also very upset with the person they killed at the end of the 6th, but dh, who only read the 1st one and thinks I'm crazy, said it was obvious.

7/7/07? For some reason that popped into my head. . . I think that maybe I heard that that's when it's coming out..

ETA: just read this thread from bottom up and saw that the OP said when the book's coming out! I guess I was right for once.

tweety99

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 4:58 pm
I heard its coming out on 21st july.... aparently shes gonna kill 2 more charactors...! wotever the case, whoever she kills shel probably get bricks thrown through her window again! shock

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 5:02 pm
Yup, according to her site, it's coming out on the 21st.

I've only read the first two books, just never got into them. At this point, I'll wait until she's completely finished with all the Potter books and read them all at once.

tweety99

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 5:05 pm
itl take u hrs! theyr ages long! truth is, I really enjoy reading them. iv read most of them a few times over. counting down to july.......!

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:08 pm
I thought the seventh was going to be her last one ... you'd better hurry ...

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:11 pm
I enjoyed the first books more. Later ones get a bit complicated. Every time a new one comes out I re-read the old ones.

I was once at the same wedding as J.k rowling - but I didn't say anything to her, though I would have loved to discuss her books. I thought she would probably prefer to enjoy the wedding without being driven crazy by readers.

Wonder what she'll do after this?.....

tweety99

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:23 am
depending on which charactors she kills, shel prob end up goin into hiding!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 5:20 pm
interesting thought tweety ...
anyway I have good news: I finished #6 ... I think he was bound to die ... it sort of made sense to me ... anyway ... awaiting #7 ... putting it on hold at the library ... I'll probably be #863 in line but ... what can I do ... anticipation ...

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 11:49 pm
I guess it's a good idea to reread them before the next one comes out. I know them all by heart aside for the 6th, which is probably the most important to reread. I also thought they got better and better, but I was disappointed in the 6th, which was probably the only one to be shorter than the one before it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room