Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
ISO Rav Gifter story

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 6:34 pm
DC is 5 years old and learning a about a gadol with each letter of the alef-beis. If they bring a story about the rag, they get a treat…

This week is gimel and they learned about Rav Gifter. Does anyone have a child-friendly gadol story about Rav Mordechai Gifter?

Thanks!

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 6:52 pm
A couple went to R' Gifter complaining that they each thought the other one should take out the garbage. The wife said it's a man's job and the husband said he learns Torah all day so he shouldn't have to lower himself. R' Gifter told them they are both right and neither one should have to take out the garbage.

That night, there was a knock on their door. R' Gifter had arrived to take out their garbage for them.

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
DC is 5 years old and learning a about a gadol with each letter of the alef-beis. If they bring a story about the rag, they get a treat…

This week is gimel and they learned about Rav Gifter. Does anyone have a child-friendly gadol story about Rav Mordechai Gifter?

Thanks!

what a lovely homework assignment. Great rebbe/morah your child has!

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:06 pm
I was just listening to a shiur yesterday from rav gifter ... sorry no stories

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:09 pm
when rav gifter was a bochur in yeshiva he had a collection of gedoling pictures on top of his bed. in the middle was a mirrored frame with the words "why not you?" written on top.
he had lofty aspirations for himself!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:24 pm
OP
thanks for the responses!

debsey, she is truly amazing. I am impressed daily with what my kindergartener comes home with, and how she is actively building my child. if you are looking for a kindergarten morah near bais shalom/bais aharon, I'd be happy to pm you her name! (you just have to catch her very early, before she fills up!!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational