Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Selling on ebay

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:45 am
Are there women here who do this for a living and make an ok salary? How do you do it? Can you tell me how it is done?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:20 am
bump

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:04 am
Good morning! Are you in America? You posted quite early without responses because many of us here were not at our computers yet Wink

The reason I mention this is because based on locale, experiences can widely differ.

I never sold on eBay for my parnassah meaning a full year salary. I supplemented for a little, but nothing so major. I don't have the time to research and obtain stock and keep on top of hundreds of listings.

You can do well if you have a niche that people are interested in, have great customer service, offer free shipping (add it into the price), offer returns (the only thing the buyer will be out is return shipping, and you have lost nothing)...that is what would make you a cut above the average eBay seller.
It takes time and is not a quick and easy way to make a whole lot of money. People on eBay do not want to spend a lot.

That being said, I have flipped things over from amazon to eBay or found clearance items that sold for higher on eBay because people are sometimes dumb enough (excuse me for the language!) to not check the going rate on amazon (or prices fluctuate...)

You can also look into selling on amazon. You have a lot less control, but you can easily see the going rate, you don't have to create new listings for everything (just select an item they already have and offer your product and price)...

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:27 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Good morning! Are you in America? You posted quite early without responses because many of us here were not at our computers yet Wink

The reason I mention this is because based on locale, experiences can widely differ.

I never sold on eBay for my parnassah meaning a full year salary. I supplemented for a little, but nothing so major. I don't have the time to research and obtain stock and keep on top of hundreds of listings.

You can do well if you have a niche that people are interested in, have great customer service, offer free shipping (add it into the price), offer returns (the only thing the buyer will be out is return shipping, and you have lost nothing)...that is what would make you a cut above the average eBay seller.
It takes time and is not a quick and easy way to make a whole lot of money. People on eBay do not want to spend a lot.

That being said, I have flipped things over from amazon to eBay or found clearance items that sold for higher on eBay because people are sometimes dumb enough (excuse me for the language!) to not check the going rate on amazon (or prices fluctuate...)

You can also look into selling on amazon. You have a lot less control, but you can easily see the going rate, you don't have to create new listings for everything (just select an item they already have and offer your product and price)...
no I am not in America. I am in Israel.

mommy of boys

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:33 am
I sell my kids old clothes on e-bay but it really doesn't make too much $$$
I first let my sisters pick what they want from my old stuff and then whatever is left I sell to make a few dollars. (and then they give me some extras to sell also)
I still find it better than throwing this stuff in the garbage.
If you have brand name items they will sell, otherwise it's not gonna go for more than a dollar or 2!

Even new things that I find at a great price wont sell for too much more cuz everyone on e-bay is looking for cheap and you still have to ship it.- But I still do that when I have the time Smile

If you're looking for some extra spending money it's ok, but definitely not a salary!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:35 am
That's what I thought....so are you planning on shipping from Israel? It will make your rates higher, and unless you have a specialty product, it may be harder to drum up business.

ewa-jo (is she still on here?) has (or had?) a business that she also used ebay to sell her stuff, maybe contact her as she was doing it from israel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics