Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
DID I JUST FORGET TO PRESS 'POST ANONYMOUSLY'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 10:00 am
Curious to hear peoples experience and what they were when they forgot to press post anonymously and then mistakenly showed their identity!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 10:02 am
I pm posters when they do that and the mistake is obvious.

Some people don't realize you can go back and change it after posting.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 10:09 am
I don't post anon that often but I was when I joined a pregnancy club.

The first time I forgot to be anon I quickly PM'd a mod to change it.
The second time I just left it as is since I didn't add my signature anyway and didnt give personal info.
Sooner than later I just officially outed myself as it was just simpler that way.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 10:46 am
youngishbear wrote:
I pm posters when they do that and the mistake is obvious.

Some people don't realize you can go back and change it after posting.

I once posted anonymously and in the anonymous post I wrote my username. Someone PMed me about it but I had already realized and was frantically PMing all the moderators I could think of to try and change it for me.

This was back in the days before anonymous posts could be edited.

relish

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 10:50 am
I usually notice right away and delete my post

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 1:46 pm
btdt ~ pm'd a moderator

now it's easier to change yourself

& a great hint is to first click on 'post anonymous' & then type up your post

luppamom

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 2:12 pm
I always wondered about this. For those who are using a phone, it's probably so easy to forget to press it. I've seen very few slip ups (or if there were, I don't think I know the person anyway).

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 2:46 pm
sometimes I'm nice & I pm people ... you should see what you've missed - I know I wouldn't want to be them if the whole world woke up & read some embarrassing query in my screename

gs675

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 2:51 pm
How do people know who you are anyway?
Its just a screenname.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 2:52 pm
Its a small world. You first mention where you grew up, year you were in seminary, town you live in now, school you send your children to...
Eventually someone is going to figure out who you are.

luppamom

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 3:15 pm
Ya, I wouldn't write my name, my address and my phone number, but I feel like if I hid any possible identifying factor, I would be losing out. In order to get targeted advice, I need to share parts of my life. There are so many helpful people on this site. For the few people who might identify me, it's not worth losing out on this. Anything embarresing is under "amother".

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 5:13 pm
luppamom wrote:
Ya, I wouldn't write my name, my address and my phone number, but I feel like if I hid any possible identifying factor, I would be losing out. In order to get targeted advice, I need to share parts of my life. There are so many helpful people on this site. For the few people who might identify me, it's not worth losing out on this. Anything embarresing is under "amother".

I agree

chani8

Post Fri, Feb 06 2015, 1:29 am
I agree with Jacuzzi. So what if someone thinks they've figured out who you are IRL. Unless they are your enemy, I wouldn't think there is much to worry about. Especially when bottom line is that you can deny it completely, as well you should.

Just FTR, if I see someone posted with their SN while they were obviously trying to be amother, I notify them, usually on the thread. The good news is that I have a bad memory, so two minutes later I've forgotten their SN, thereby restoring their double-armed privacy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics