Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Washing with rings

momaleh

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 2:58 am
Do you take off your rings to wash? I do.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 3:03 am
Well, I no longer wear rings but if I did, yes I would take them off; however, there are women who leave them on as they NEVER take them off... when never removed some say it is like the body and doens't need to be removed. I don't know if the same applies to mikveh, however a woman I knew, married to a big Rav, was told by her dh that she didn't have to remove her false nails....Shook me up, but who was I to question her husband?

But it is definitely something one should ask a Rav.

mimivan

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 3:16 am
Do you mean you just take your ring off for washing before hamotzi or also before neigel vasser and for washing after using the W.C. ?

Marion

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 5:11 am
My understanding (based on a response my DH got to his shaila when he couldn't get his ring off...still can't, 3 year later!) is that if it doesn't come off, it is not considered a chatziza (DH was asking also for his tfillin, not just for washing). For mikvah it IS considered a chatziza if you can get it off; it it's stuck it's not.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 9:57 am
do you toivl with the rings on too?

greenfire

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 10:00 am
I sometimes wash with them on ... but there is enough room for water to go through ...

GramaNewYork

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 10:22 am
What is the difference between wearing rings when you wash and wearing nail polish when you wash (for motzi)?

su7kids

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 10:25 am
I heard that if you don't take the rings off for making challah, you don't have to take them off for washing.

I do make challah and keep my rings on. So, therefore I don't take them off except to toivel in the mikvah.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 10:41 am
Su7, I never heard that!!!!!!!!

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 11:46 am
I was told I can toivel with my rings but I take them off for mikve (a horror, extremely hard) because the ladies are not accepting of some things... maybe with a written note from a rav they would agree Rolling Eyes
I have toiveled with fake nails or nailpolish. It just has to be perfect.

dr pepper

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 11:55 am
I wash with them, but don't toivel with them.

mumoo

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 1:44 pm
su7kids wrote:
I heard that if you don't take the rings off for making challah, you don't have to take them off for washing.

I do make challah and keep my rings on. So, therefore I don't take them off except to toivel in the mikvah.

I heard that also about the challah.
gramanewyork wrote:
]What is the difference between wearing rings when you wash and wearing nail polish when you wash (for motzi)?

nail polish that is perfectly applied is not a chatzitza for the mikva (some pokim say) or negel vasser, but if chipped it is a chatzitza for both

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 1:46 pm
only if you wouldn't go out like that.

bashinda

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 1:47 pm
Is there a source for taking off rings to wash negel vasser after using the wc? I remember being at a shul one rosh hashanah and I saw someone doing just that, taking off her rings to wash negel vasser. Anyone know the inyan with that? I always leave them on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions