Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
When things work out

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 11:22 am
Sometimes you're so overwhelmed and the littlest things can feel like a big deal - for better or worse. One of these little things happened to me recently and I felt I wanted to share. Inviting you all to add to this thread so we can see HaShem's love in our daily details.

My child is supposed to receive a certain therapy from the board of ed over the summer. I was talking to the agency that was supposed to set it up and I just wasn't sure how it would all work out... her day camp is not really such a conducive environment for therapy, my home is not so great either (small, cramped, has an interfering type sibling living in it and no place to hide), and the person on the phone was saying that the nearest clinics/offices are not all that close to me - not super far but when we're talking about 2 sessions a week when we already have work/daycamp taking up much of the day, it just didn't sound like such fun. So she said she has one person who has an office and also comes to homes, maybe we could work out a half-and-half kind of arrangement so we could have part of the best of both. I say OK. She calls back and says that person can do it but may be leaving for her vacation a week before my services end, do I want it anyway? It's not the end of the world but the summer is short already and we were already a week late due to the inefficiency of the DOE/agency system. So I said, I dunno, maybe it can work, but maybe we should try someone who can just do the whole thing at home and we'll figure out the space issue somehow because I wasn't so into the idea of traveling 1/2 hour to an office every week anyway. So a few minutes later I get a call from the house-call therapist to introduce herself and set up a schedule. And she says "you live in [zip code]? I do some days at a school in that area." "Oh, how nice, what school?" And she names a place that is LITERALLY AROUND THE CORNER from me. So of course I say THAT IS LITERALLY AROUND THE CORNER FROM ME! (I live in an area where it is sometimes hard to tell what's close. Streets have names, not numbers, and are long. Last time I got a job in my zipcode it was a 20 minute walk with no public transportation going in that direction.) And she says she has a nice little therapy room set up for that school and she is the only one who's using it so when she's not with their students, it is totally fine for her to use it for other kids. No, they really won't mind at all, it's no problem. And yes, she is available there pretty much any time after DD gets home from day camp. I only hope she's good because I really have no idea who any of these people are. But in the space of about 5 seconds I went from a week of stressy dealings with DOE/agencies/scheduling to a lady on the phone saying "No problem, you can have all the sessions you need at the right times in a nice little office less than a block from home."

Party Cheers

(PS I almost posted under my username but then I realized there are certain people whom I don't want knowing about this. So if you can tell who this is from the details, I don't mind and want to share my joy with you (and if interested/relevant, will let you know if this turns out to be a good local therapist option!) but please don't shout it from the rooftops around town. Thanks.)

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 8:05 pm
It's amazing how much small things matter when you're having a hard time - like the straw that breaks the camel's back, but in reverse - the straw that could've broken your back but didn't so you feel really lucky.

Tonight it was that after remembering and putting in the time to make myself a healthy lunch for tomorrow, I clumsily dropped the container on the floor (before putting the cover on, of course) and it fell and landed right side up without anything falling out! It was like GOD LOVES ME!!!! LOL

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:45 pm
OP here with another nice update - still don't know about effectiveness or anything but my child loved the therapist so much that they begged to go back again the next day! Definitely a good sign! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational