Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Salary jobs for OT

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 3:21 pm
other than DOE which I will be applying to (but no guarantees to get a placement or a placement that works for me), what are some good options for OT? I have over 3.5 years of pediatric. experience. I cannot work past 4 pm as I have small children. I am feeling so down. I work for an agency and have been jobless and unpaid since mid-June. I want to switch so badly but I am visibly pregnant and not sure what my options are. In tri-state area, needs to be accessible by car. for those therapists who are contract what do you do in the summers?! I hate being out of work for ten weeks

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 3:46 pm
Could you apply to a hospital? Maybe they have a 7-3 shift?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 11:54 pm
Bump

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 12:00 am
If you are willing to expand your work. Homeside rehab is a great agency to work for. The pay is good, and they train you in. It is geriatric homecare.
http://www.homesiderehab.com/

SingALong

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 1:09 am
Have you looked into other agencies? They may have placements. What about going into early intervention? You can make your own hours and it's 12 months a year not 10. There are a few pediatric clinics out there but I think many people come before school and after, so the hours might not work for you.

Btw there are quite a few boe students who need makeup sessions in the summer or are mandated for 12 months, not sure if you can treat them by being independent provider for doe or through an agency, depends on kids district and if they have an RSA.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics