Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tutoring jobs

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:09 am
I have seen mention of online tutoring in a couple of past threads that I'm not succeeding in finding through search... Can anyone recommend websites that would be good to sign up with? Also, what are the going rates? I have one general tutor and one up-to-college-level biology/chemistry tutor.

So far I found tutor.com (there, that wasn't so hard!) but they don't say anything about pay rates and AFTER you complete a lengthy application they tell you they are only accepting new tutors in the highest demand areas, of which there are very few. So that doesn't seem too promising but we submitted the application anyway.

Any others we should know about?

Also, tutor available if anyone needs Wink

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:24 am
I am looking for a P3 tutor. I live in Brooklyn in between Boro Park and Flatbush.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:26 am
Sorry, but the people seeking tutoring jobs are not qualified to do P3. You need to be a certified special ed teacher for that. Good luck finding a provider!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:46 am
amother wrote:
I am looking for a P3 tutor. I live in Brooklyn in between Boro Park and Flatbush.

Is your child bilingual Yiddish? I have someone great, but unfortunately, she is not certified in Yiddish (although she speaks it well), so she is unable to work with p3s that are bilingual Yiddish. Pm me please for more info if this can work!

myname1

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:25 am
At tutor.com, pay's not great- it's something like $10-12 per hour, depending on how long you've been with them and which subjects. I would think the college bio/chem would be very much in demand- usually your best bet is higher math and science. Let me know if you have questions about them.

Tutorvista.com is another site that sounded somewhat promising- don't remember too much about them though.

I have this site bookmarked- should have some other ideas.
http://workathomemoms.about.com/od/education/

anonymrs

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:36 pm
Wyzant

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:03 pm
How much do you charge?

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 4:25 pm
Skippy!! wrote:
How much do you charge?

Depends on the subject, timing, location (or lack of, if doing via skype) Feel free to PM a more specific query.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 5:07 pm
seeker wrote:
Sorry, but the people seeking tutoring jobs are not qualified to do P3. You need to be a certified special ed teacher for that. Good luck finding a provider!

Why do you say this? I work in a NYC public school. Many many of our GE and SpEd teachers tutor (but more the SpEd than GE tho). They charge around 50 for the hour...

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 5:14 pm
To clarify: This post is about specific people seeking tutoring jobs, who have academic qualifications but not the board of ed certification required to do P3 cases. Not sure exactly what in my previous post you were taking exception to, but hope this helps clear it up. P3 is a special ed service.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics