Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is 3 year old playgroup necessary?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 10:04 am
my toddler will be turning 3 in middle of next year. Should I continue to send her to the babysitter next year or make the extra stop in the (hectic) morning and afternoon? She is very verbal and interactive already now.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
my toddler will be turning 3 in middle of next year. Should I continue to send her to the babysitter next year or make the extra stop in the (hectic) morning and afternoon? She is very verbal and interactive already now.

Only you can know your child and what will be the most beneficial. Most children thrive in three year old groups/nursery, but there are also plenty who are just fine workout it. My kids are only out because I'm working. If I was home they would probably be home at that age. But then again, when my kids ARE home, I do projects and learning and stuff like that.

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 10:30 am
I think it really depends on how old the other kids at the babysitter are. I had a similar situation when my son was 2 turning 3 (Dec birthday). I chose playgroup because I did not want him to be alone with a bunch of babies and smaller children all day. I thought he would be bored.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 10:36 am
Alot also depends on the babysitter and the type of activities she does with her charges.

Kids are like sponges, they soak everything up. Studies show that the more they learn in the early years the more they soak into their brains while they are still absorbent and elastic and the easier it will be for them to absorb information as they grow up.

Personally, at 3 I would want my child to be in a somewhat structured setting where he/she is being introduced to colors, shapes, letters, and Torah concepts, while playing with different mediums such as clay, blocks, building toys, and pictures. If your babysitter is doing this, great, otherwise yes, an extra stop at a playgroup is a worthwhile investment in your child's future.

gold21

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 11:32 am
I do think 3-year old playgroup (aka nursery) is very important
But you're referring to 2-year old playgroup
For example, my daughter is in 2-year old playgroup even though she will be turning 3 IY"H this school year

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 11:36 am
Necessary? No. More stimulating, enjoyable, and educational for your child? Absolutely.

spring13

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 1:32 pm
Depends on you/your kid. Mine needed the structure and socialization and specific activities they got from playgroup by the time they were 3. I wasn't good at keeping things going at home on my own, and a babysitter with a bunch of kids of different ages and no organized activities wasn't enough. They were ready to be in a richer environment. But that's my kids, some prefer quiet/simple/laid back. And you as a parent get to decide how it will affect your wallet/schedule/life as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics