Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Toys 4 u do they price match lower advertised prices
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 6:02 pm
This thread makes me Puke

How dear you accuse a jewish store of stealing?

cbg

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 6:15 pm
What they advertised was the manufacturers suggested retail price.
It is not a lie.
Also, it's not a rip off. Do you know how much rent they need to pay on 13th avenue alone?
Many websites including Walmart.com get there items straight from a vendor once an order is placed. So the item doesn't even take up shelf space at a store.
Also, perhaps the item was on clearance. No store will price match an item if it's on clearance. This recently happened to me with Bed Bath and Beyond and Target.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 6:37 pm
Op here I spoke to the store and they don't price match. their prices are their prices.

I don't mind if a store is considered an expensive store but when you speak to the store they act as if they buy close out and get you the best deal and that is what bothers me. Don't mislead your customers into thinking that you are cheaper when in fact it's the opposite.

I checked and some of their stuff are only $2 more or once in a while the same price. But I enjoy going into a store and knowing they have fair prices not having to check every price before I buy.

It's okay it was an eye opener for me and I'll know in the future to research prices before I walk into the store. I'll still shop there but not as much.

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 7:21 pm
cbg wrote:
What they advertised was the manufacturers suggested retail price.
It is not a lie.
Also, it's not a rip off. Do you know how much rent they need to pay on 13th avenue alone?
Many websites including Walmart.com get there items straight from a vendor once an order is placed. So the item doesn't even take up shelf space at a store.
Also, perhaps the item was on clearance. No store will price match an item if it's on clearance. This recently happened to me with Bed Bath and Beyond and Target.

I just checked some prices randomly. They are charging for a Playmobil private Jet $34.99 with a regular price of $40.
Amazon and the Playmobil website have it at a LIST PRICE and purchase price of 29.99.

They are charging $39.99 for the take along Police Station. Regular price $50.
Playmobil website LIST price and purchase price is 39.99

They're charging $39.99 for the Police Harbor with Speedboat. Regular price $60.
This is actually accurate. According to Amazon, the list price is 59.99

They're charging 39.99 for the dollhouse. Regular price is $50.
Amazon shows me that the LIST price is $39.99 and it's available to purchase on Amazon for 33.22

So we have determined that in 3 out of 4 randomly selected items, the regular price is absolutely not the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Apparently it's just a random made- up number to make the item look like it is on sale, when it isn't. (and in fact more expensive than other places)

That's perfectly fine, except that I'm usually looking to get the item at the best price with the best service. The fact that the item is sitting on a 13th Avenue store- shelf makes no difference to me.
I'd rather have it shipped to me from wherever...

I have a relative with an unlimited budget who is happy to pay plenty extra to support a Yid, but most people that I know are looking to save money.

It's funny that this topic came up here, a few of my friends and family were discussing it IRL. I guess people are not as stupid as the management assumed we were...

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 7:41 pm
I looked at the light up circus by play mobile they advertised $80 regular and 59 now Walmart full price is 52 with free shipping.

In the store they had a Lego arctic base camp set for $99 that is selling on Amazon for 72.99.

mille

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 7:54 pm
This is kind of how capitalism works. Toys are not a regulated industry where they can get in trouble for selling an item for above a certain price. They can sell the item for however much they want. It can be 10 times the MSRP, it can be 1/10 of the MSRP. If they think they will get that price for it, they are perfectly entitled to try to sell it for that.

If it's too much for you, feel free to buy on Amazon. There's a big reason why Amazon and other online retailers are giving brick and mortar stores a run for their money.

There's nothing dishonest about it. They are selling a product to people willing to pay for that product. If you don't want to pay those prices, don't. Buy on Amazon, and Toys4Us will either lower their prices or go under, if enough people stop buying their product at those prices.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics