Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Scantily clad neighbours...
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:24 am
MommyLuv wrote:

I live in a hot climate... We go to the beach occasionally, so it's not like DH and I never see pple in swimwear. This woman normally dresses in short shorts and tank tops, but bikinis are a bit different Rolling Eyes

now let's try again ... what is the difference where you DH sees this ... you are the one who stated the above ... not me

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:28 am
I agree with green in that if you dont ever want to see a cladly dressed woman, you have to live in an insular community. it does not have to be mea shearim.

I know that in israel there are MANY communities, charedi, dati leumi, chardal, etc. that only have religious ppl living there and you never see a woman dressed "incorrectly".

where we live now you would never ever see a woman in a bikini as there are no woman that would walk around like that.

and where we want to IYH move is also an insular dati leumi community where you would never see such a thing.

I dont know if you can really find a community like that in chutz laaretz though.........

MommyLuv

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:28 am
greenfire wrote:
MommyLuv wrote:

I live in a hot climate... We go to the beach occasionally, so it's not like DH and I never see pple in swimwear. This woman normally dresses in short shorts and tank tops, but bikinis are a bit different Rolling Eyes

now let's try again ... what is the difference where you DH sees this ... you are the one who stated the above ... not me

ok, I'll explain-
at the beach, we have our own little spot, we do our own thing.
We also tend to go to secluded beaches that are not too populated.
so yeah, we do see some people in swimwear, but not in your face.

ChanaRochel

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:30 am
Am I just the older generation... but I am really disturbed by some of the comments. On the one hand, a non jewish neighbor is just that, 'luz a [gentile] teen vuz ir vill, siz nisht inzerer country'.

But I would never use a term like 'eye candy' .How do yiddishe froin, redt vi der gas...

MommyLuv

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:31 am
ChanaRochel wrote:
Am I just the older generation... but I am really disturbed by some of the comments. On the one hand, a non jewish neighbor is just that, 'luz a [gentile] teen vuz ir vill, siz nisht inzerer country'.

But I would never use a term like 'eye candy' .How do yiddishe froin, redt vi der gas...

I get what you're saying, but just by the way, not everyone here speaks yiddish.
Wink

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 5:38 pm
lol ChanaRochel, my dad too says "it's just a [gentile]" LOL

Quote:
Which frum man would go to a mixed beach, Green?

Many Mo go as far as I know.

Quote:
most women said they would never even wear sleeveless

sleeveless is really not flattering, but maybe they would wear tank tops.

Quote:
As to the frum people dressed trashy... the skirt style now seems to be just above the knee.

My idea of trashy is more a tank top and a miniskirt than an untsnius but not indecent skirt. Unfortunately there are Mo people who wear that (trashy clothes), even to shul.

Quote:

We also tend to go to secluded beaches

That’s the best solution to still go as a family.

Men will always have to have shmiras eynayim. But it’s annoying to have to be careful in your own garden, it is true.

gold21

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 8:54 am
im with u mommyluv....like I said
u dont have to be a judemental person or to have a screwed up marraige or whatever to dislike having provocatively-dressed women in ur face, and in ur husband's face.... Confused

MommyLuv

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 9:05 am
gold21 wrote:
im with u mommyluv....like I said
u dont have to be a judemental person or to have a screwed up marraige or whatever to dislike having provocatively-dressed women in ur face, and in ur husband's face.... Confused

thanks gold21...I appreciate the validation. I don't expect people out there to dress like I do, nor do I necessarily want to move to Meah Shearim...

I just want to hang out in my backyard without being shocked and my DH feeling uncomfortable Tongue Out

brooklyn

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 9:28 am
I have wonderful Italian neighbors who are elderly. They are great and have helped us out with many things. Our kids are always in and out of their homes. We have had them at oour house for dinner may times. Having said all that, one of the first things we did when we moved in was put up six foot high fencing around our yard.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 9:34 am
Honestly I couldn't care less what you do ... gezunt er heit ... go to the beach ... but I find your comments hypocritical ... while it is ok for your dh to look at "scantily clad" women on the beach - it is not ok for him to see these same "scantily clad" women on the street ?!?!?!

MommyLuv

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 9:42 am
greenfire wrote:
Honestly I couldn't care less what you do ... gezunt er heit ... go to the beach ... but I find your comments hypocritical ... while it is ok for your dh to look at "scantily clad" women on the beach - it is not ok for him to see these same "scantily clad" women on the street ?!?!?!

you seem to have missed my post explaining that we go to secluded beaches where the people aren't directly in our faces.

also, I said nothing about women on the street. My backyard is private, while the street and beach and other domains are public.

I don't see the hyprocrisy here, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 9:43 am
brooklyn wrote:
I have wonderful Italian neighbors who are elderly. They are great and have helped us out with many things. Our kids are always in and out of their homes. We have had them at oour house for dinner may times. Having said all that, one of the first things we did when we moved in was put up six foot high fencing around our yard.

I wish... we just got our rusted old chain link fence fixed like new, and really private fencing like wood are out of our budget.... Confused

greenfire

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 9:53 am
you could purchase outdoor canvas and make a curtain for the fence so that it is not see through - done yourself could be a cheap quick-fix ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics