Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Need a dinner idea

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 4:25 am
So I've got a whole chicken defrosting...

Ideas as to what to do with it (beyond 'cook it')?

Marion

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 5:43 am
Stick it in an oven-safe casserole/pyrex, on a bed of rice, a bit of water, and some carrots, and bake! I usually flavour mine either with the BBQ chicken seasoning, or with cinnamon, thyme, dill, and paprika.

Mishie

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 6:15 am
Oy Kmelion! I feel bad you're already cooking! I wish I lived near you so I can make you dinner tonight!!!!!!

(Did you get any meals from neighbors/friends after you had the baby?)

P.S. Marion's recipe sounds pretty easy. Easy is the way to go!!! Wink

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 6:22 am
We did get meals, but honestly, I prefer to do my own cooking.

Baruch Hashem the recovery has been, Bli Ayin haRah wonderful... I'm slowly getting some things done (laundry and dishes basically) and really taking it easy. I just feel guilty when DH comes home from a long, full day of work and things aren't as clean as they should be...

And yes, I know, I had abdominal surgery 2 weeks ago and I SHOULD be taking it easy.. but it's difficult to do when I feel fine LOL.

queen

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 8:48 am
please be careful K!!! it's precisely when we feel good that we manage to overdo ourselves. Go make your chix and then get back into bed....

easy chix: just pour duck sauce over it.
put 2 Cups raw rice with 4 2/3 C water (mix water and rice)
cover and put in microwave for 20 minutes

open a can of mixed veggies or green beans=== and there's your meal.

Oh- important- make sure to eat all this on paper plates

feel good and mazel tov!

greenfire

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 10:26 am
or sweetheart ... one more ... very simple throw pepper, paprika and garlic powder and unpeeled washed & cut potatoes on the bottom (carrots, celery and onions - if you're in the mood) a little water and also yum with the chicken "gravy" ... enjoy ...

and STOP doing so much ... you shouldn't be lifting heavy things ... you need to heal ...

p.s. how is cutie pie ...

cassandra

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 2:17 pm
yes, yes yes, I agree with queen! This is the major pitfall of a c/section-- feeling too good and then paying for it later! Rest now and you will feel 100% much sooner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey