Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Overnight babysitting

dewyt

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 1:43 pm
does anybody know what a normal price is to charge for an overnight babysitting job? it will be like 15 hours altogether. I babysit in the day, for $5 an hour but is it meant to be the same price for overnight- just count the hours? also, the child is not a regular by me, only a drop in. please advise!

greenfire

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 2:05 pm
sorry ... you should be getting $10 hr ... for daytime ... nitetime is priceless ... (don't know but find out)

dewyt

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 2:07 pm
haha I wish, but here in B.P. I dont think ANYONE charges $10 an hr for daytime, the ladies who r goin out to work arent making much more than that! can someone help with the overnight?

Raisin

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 2:11 pm
I paid my babysitter about €100 ($120) for one night and one day (from sunday morning till monday morning). Thats what she asked for. I guess it's up to you, but I don't think it should be the same at night. But then again, you are charging a lot less per hour than my babysitter does. (€8 and that is cheap to what others charge)

Also, I assume during the day you have several kids to look after, at night presumably it will be just one kid. (plus your own? I don't know if you have kids)

greenfire

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 2:12 pm
hey I thought in NY they pay better than cleveland ... oh well ... don't know ... sorry ...

dewyt

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 2:14 pm
100 pounds is only $120?????? yes in the day I have other kids and at nights I have only mine (1)

Raisin

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 2:20 pm
€ is euro. Currency used in most of Europe. £ is pound. Used in the Uk.

Actually €100 is $134. I just checked online.

I think if you only have one other kid it is fair to ask $5 an hour. You are doing her a special favour. If she is not happy you could knock off $10.
The $5 an hour rate is only because you have a group. Parents expect to pay more for regular babysitters.

dewyt

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 11:49 am
so has anybody actually done this, in new york and can help me decide on what to charge for the night?

JMto2

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 11:54 am
I heard that normal is $75 for a night.

yersp

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 11:58 am
I know someone who has done overnight. She charges about 9-10$ an hour starting from when the child is brought over at night until 8 oclock in the morning. However, being that the child will be by you from the afternoon probably, you can either do 2 things:
1- you can give a set price, say $70 (I just threw out a number) or
2- tell this person that during the day it's $5 until say 6 oclock and then you will start charging her for the night until lets say 7 or 8 in the morning. Then the rate will go back to $5.

Squash

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 12:07 pm
Hey Dewy! nice to hear you babysit.

I've left children at babysitters overnight and the rate was generally $350 per week. $60 for a 24 hour period.

Good luck, have an easy time, and make lots of dough!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics