Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Breaking the ice ... for Mikva

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 5:20 pm
http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=40014

wow ~ what a mikva story !!! you cannot help but feel all the emotion and celebrate the miracle ...

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 7:07 pm
Beautiful story.

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 8:30 pm
Wow
Incredibly emotional

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 8:34 pm
Read this story last week. It's very inspiring.

grace413

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:53 am
OK, I'm going to be the party pooper here.

It's very nice that this woman had a miracle baby. I'm very happy for her.

Because I know the pain of infertility. The pain of terminal infertility.

Surely nobody believes that everybody who goes to mikva will be blessed with a child - didn't work for me and for other people I know. The article gives the feeling that if infertile people only did more mitzvot they would be blessed with a child. Believe me every religious couple try to get pregnant has done more than their share of tshuva, tefila, tzedaka, chesed, segulot etc.

I don't believe in vending machine Judaism.

And really, is Nepal Chabad not able to build a normal mikva? I can't believe that in the 21st century women must endanger themselves to tovel.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 2:42 pm
grace413 ~ I certainly feel for you ... Hug

I also agree with you on a general basis we cannot expect tit for tat in mitzvos and life ~ we certainly do not know why hashem gives one person anything while another person is left without

however, I was looking at this situation as the story of this particular woman who gave up already & was overwhelmed in the miracle that she had a baby ... that is what I found emotional and happy to share

hashem makes miracles of all sorts ... including that of adopting

oliveoil

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 3:58 pm
grace413 wrote:
OK, I'm going to be the party pooper here.

It's very nice that this woman had a miracle baby. I'm very happy for her.

Because I know the pain of infertility. The pain of terminal infertility.

Surely nobody believes that everybody who goes to mikva will be blessed with a child - didn't work for me and for other people I know. The article gives the feeling that if infertile people only did more mitzvot they would be blessed with a child. Believe me every religious couple try to get pregnant has done more than their share of tshuva, tefila, tzedaka, chesed, segulot etc.

I don't believe in vending machine Judaism.

And really, is Nepal Chabad not able to build a normal mikva? I can't believe that in the 21st century women must endanger themselves to tovel.

I agree with you. I did not like that implication in the story.

Re the mikvah, I don't have hard time understanding why they don't have one yet. A mikvah is incredibly expensive and a huge undertaking to build, Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world, and their "community" is mostly transient. Young Israelis, tourists, etc.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 4:17 pm
btw - this is another fascinating story about the same shluchim, about a local boy they adopted -

http://lubavitch.com/news/arti......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational