Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
McCain denounces Trump's comments
Previous  1  2

tichellady

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 1:47 pm
amother wrote:
Much as I hate Trump, in fairness, the question Mr Khan asked "What did he sacrifice for his country"? that I'm constantly hearing about on the radio is an unfair question if it isn't also being asked of Hillary.

Had the Republicans brought the parents of victims of San Beridino shootings or of Abu Nidal to support Trump and his views on Muslims those people would have been derided in the media too.

Has Hilary criticized Muslims? Also whether you like it or not Hilary has spent most of her career working for the government- that is a sacrifice. Her personal and marital life have probably sacrificed ( in a certain sense) because of her work. Trump has not worked as a public servant. He is a business man.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
Much as I hate Trump, in fairness, the question Mr Khan asked "What did he sacrifice for his country"? that I'm constantly hearing about on the radio is an unfair question if it isn't also being asked of Hillary.

Had the Republicans brought the parents of victims of San Beridino shootings or of Abu Nidal to support Trump and his views on Muslims those people would have been derided in the media too.

Trying not to be snarky here but your response is a bit frustrating because it once again fails to address the question about how Trump had demonstrated Republican values.

I really feel like he has hijacked the Republican party and now we have no representative the ballot who actually holds Republican values.

Again, can someone please answer what Trump has done to demonstrate that he stands for Republican values?

(Please google logical fallacies if you don't understand why comments about what Hillary had done or what the media has done don't respond to the question.)

leah233

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:11 pm
tichellady wrote:
Has Hilary criticized Muslims? Also whether you like it or not Hilary has spent most of her career working for the government- that is a sacrifice. Her personal and marital life have probably sacrificed ( in a certain sense) because of her work. Trump has not worked as a public servant. He is a business man.

If working for government is a sacrifice then Trump is prepared to make a major sacrifice for this country.And he sacrificed an enormous amount of his own money to do so.

But that is an aside. The topic here is about Trump being a Republican. He isn't one.So despite being the Republican nominee he won't get my vote.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:33 pm
leah233 wrote:
If working for government is a sacrifice then Trump is prepared to make a major sacrifice for this country.And he sacrificed an enormous amount of his own money to do so.

No he's not. He is planning on outsourcing all presidential responsibilities. He asked Kasich to become his VP and be in charge of all domestic and foreign duties, aka, Kasich would be the president. Kasich refused.

His money - it's a great marketing expenditure for his business. His Trump brand is booming.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
Trying not to be snarky here but your response is a bit frustrating because it once again fails to address the question about how Trump had demonstrated Republican values.

I really feel like he has hijacked the Republican party and now we have no representative the ballot who actually holds Republican values.

Again, can someone please answer what Trump has done to demonstrate that he stands for Republican values?

Nothing. That's the correct answer.

His own daughter's speech by the Republican convention sounded like she was talking at the Democratic convention. Trump and his family have consistently voted Democrat and stood for liberal values.

bluebird

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:
No he's not. He is planning on outsourcing all presidential responsibilities. He asked Kasich to become his VP and be in charge of all domestic and foreign duties, aka, Kasich would be the president. Kasich refused.

I think there's a good chance Trump would resign quickly, to be honest. He strikes me as a person that wants to be elected president, not serve as president. As if the election were the ultimate popularity contest or reality TV show.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 5:08 pm
bluebird wrote:
I think there's a good chance Trump would resign quickly, to be honest. He strikes me as a person that wants to be elected president, not serve as president.

Especially when he realizes that

a- there is something called Congress which will never let him pass any of his harebrained schemes

and

b- he can't tell any of the congressmen "You're fired!"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics