Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Everykidinapark.gov

sky

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:59 pm
https://www.everykidinapark.go.....trip/

anyone try this? I have a fourth grader - does that mean the entir family gets free admission to the statue of liberty or similar? That would be awesome.

doctorima

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:21 pm
It looks like only the 4th grader gets a free pass, not the whole family.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:23 pm
To me it looks like all kids under age 16 plus 3 adults are included in the pass.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:35 pm
doctorima wrote:
It looks like only the 4th grader gets a free pass, not the whole family.

If you have 4th grader in the family than all siblings 16 and under and 3 audlts. If I could use it for an expensive park that would be amazing.
It expires end of August (and then my 4th grader will already be the next grade anyways).

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:48 pm
This sounds awesome. Is there a list of included sites anywhere?

sky

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 6:41 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
This sounds awesome. Is there a list of included sites anywhere?

It sounded like all Federal Parks -

imasinger

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 6:45 pm
Yup, all national parks. Here's a link to a list:

http://parks.mapquest.com/national-parks/

However, it doesn't apply to Statue of Liberty, as going on the grounds is already free, and there is a separate charge for the ferry and the statue. See here.

https://www.nps.gov/stli/plany.....s.htm

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 7:32 pm
What's this only 4 th grade gets a pass? What bout everyone else?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:03 pm
It appears that the closest national park is in Maine.
We are actually very interested in wildlife conservation. Does anyone know what's covered and how to find a location near Brooklyn?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:04 pm
sourstix wrote:
What's this only 4 th grade gets a pass? What bout everyone else?

The fourth grader is the one that's eligible for the pass. But that pass will include all children under 16 plus 3 adults in the fourth grader's group.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It appears that the closest national park is in Maine.
We are actually very interested in wildlife conservation. Does anyone know what's covered and how to find a location near Brooklyn?

I'm a little confused because the program sends you to http://findyourpark.com but it lists State parks also. And it claims that there is a park within 2 hours of everyone.

I did find a park we plan on going to before the end of the summer with a "Every kid in a park program" offering a free child admission with child admission - but it is a state park. It looks like some parks are having different programs. I wish I had known earlier.

"Fort Delaware is proud to support the "Every Kid in a Park" initiative! For the entire summer, all elementary students will have the opportunity to enjoy a free visit to Fort Delaware. Children are admitted free with a paid adult. Download your free park pass today!"

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:20 pm
Very confusing. If anyone utilizes the pass, please post here so we can piggyback off your experience. Thank you!

octopus

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:03 pm
We sort of looked into it. It has to be a state park, not a private park. So it's not good for bushkill falls. And usually start parks are either free, or like $3. It doesn't include boating, etc.

octopus

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:04 pm
the cool culture pass OTOH is a really good pass.

granolamom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Very confusing. If anyone utilizes the pass, please post here so we can piggyback off your experience. Thank you!

I have a fourth grader and have used the pass. Jones Beach in nassau county is a national park and they have a per-vehicle admission fee.
the pass covers the fourth grader, all children under 16 + 3 adults in said vehicle.
I told the guy at the gate we had the pass he said to just leave it visible in the car on the dash (same as you would the parking ticket that you would otherwise purchase). I've done so twice, no problems.
saved me $10 each time, which we spent at the ice cream store on the way home. now I cant say obama never did anything to benefit me.
thank you mr president for our sundaes.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:30 pm
Thanks for the information granolamom Smile

eschaya

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 10:37 pm
We used it this year, though we always visit national parks so this just made it free. With a 4th grader in the family, the entire car/family gets in free. This year we used it to go to shenandoah twice, harpers ferry, and acadia. We saved 100 this way. Can't wait till our next kid's in 4th!

Last edited by eschaya on Fri, Aug 19 2016, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

eschaya

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 10:42 pm
octopus wrote:
We sort of looked into it. It has to be a state park, not a private park. So it's not good for bushkill falls. And usually start parks are either free, or like $3. It doesn't include boating, etc.

National parks and state parks are not free. We've been to yosemite, bryce, zion, Grand canyon, arcadia, shenandoah, harpers ferry, etc. They all cost to enter. Then of course any additional activities will cost on top. So this pass gets you the entry free, which can leave you more money to spend on activities of you want. Though hiking is the best of all, and it's free everywhere

sky

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 12:01 am
I have one going into 3rd - what do they get?

octopus

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 7:29 am
eschaya wrote:
National parks and state parks are not free. We've been to yosemite, bryce, zion, Grand canyon, arcadia, shenandoah, harpers ferry, etc. They all cost to enter. Then of course any additional activities will cost on top. So this pass gets you the entry free, which can leave you more money to spend on activities of you want. Though hiking is the best of all, and it's free everywhere

This. I'm pretty sure we have hiked in state parks for free in some place or for just a few bucks in others. Isn't that what people do when they visit a state park?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics