Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
LAS VEGAS VACATION

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 6:16 pm
Has anyone over here been to Las Vegas and had to go to the mikvah over there? I have searched on Mikva.org and it came up with 3. What is the difference between them, are they kosher for a womens mikvah?

Another Question: Which other intresting places are there besides the strip. I have been at the strip a couple of times already and it's getting a little bored. I'm looking for new places.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 6:28 pm
Have you seen death valley?
I looooove Vegas, but I don't know about the mikves, I went there as a teen, as a gift for baccalaureat/ hs graduation Smile

su7kids

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 7:33 pm
amother wrote:
Has anyone over here been to Las Vegas and had to go to the mikvah over there? I have searched on Mikva.org and it came up with 3. What is the difference between them, are they kosher for a womens mikvah?

Another Question: Which other intresting places are there besides the strip. I have been at the strip a couple of times already and it's getting a little bored. I'm looking for new places.

I don't know about other Mikvaos, but I do know the Chabad one on Arville Street is 1000% kosher. I also know that you have to call to make an appointment, so be sure to do that first. The Mikvah is in the back of the shul/school complex, and I am assured its very tznius.

We were there because my son got married there (to a wonderful lady from there) and we "did" the strip one morning, and then we went to Red Rock Canyon which is a great place for outdoors and hiking, and then on to "Old Nevada" which is a fun experience. We were there in winter, so it was cool and windy, cold in the shade, but they had decided they were not getting enough visitors, so closed at 1 p.m.!! We got there at about 2:30. Oh well. Maybe next time. But its fun, and has a petting zoo next to it.

theweddingplaner

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 8:44 am
yes I have been to the mikva there it is very beautiful you have to make an appointment 7022591001 mrs harlig
the mikva is behind the chabad house
enjoy your vacation

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 10:53 am
Ruchel wrote:
Have you seen death valley?
I looooove Vegas, but I don't know about the mikves, I went there as a teen, as a gift for baccalaureat/ hs graduation Smile

again you do live the high life.. I got a watch and you got a international flight to another country and hotel stay.

ganizzy

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 7:35 pm
do you have kids? how long are u going to be there? do u have a car?

I only know of the chabad mikvah and its a nice one.

go to red rock canyon. theres a driving path that goes thru the mountains with some really nice scenery or u can get out and hike. if u want theres places furthar away or for kids

stem

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 7:39 pm
You could visit the hoover dam, it's about 1/2 hour away from las vegas, or you could take a day and drive to the grand canyon, about 5 hours each way from las vegas.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 10:18 pm
STEM- What is the Hoovers Dam?
Ganizzy- I am traveling without kids so I am looking for adult entertainment only. About the mikvah, do you mean the Chabad on Arville that su7kids mentioned?

stem

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 10:36 pm
http://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics