Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Too busy to go

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 1:47 pm
Ds is 3 he had been toilet trained since September right before going to school. However he had a few almost accidents and a few accidents. Because he was not made to go in between activities I have to take him to the bathroom otherwise he hold himself in until he can't and tries to run to the bathroom then. If he is eating, playing, working on a project I sometimes see him wiggle like he needs to ho but he refuses to leave. Also evrn though he os completlu aware he had an accident he will still not stop what he is doing and doesnt care that he is wet. All of this happens both at home and at school. I can't figure out what would make him go when he needs to without a fight

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 3:08 pm
We had a similar story with our 3.5 year old daughter. We bribed our daughter with chocolate chips, ice cream (just one or two really small spoonfuls), and cookies. Worked really well. First she got a small treat every time she went to the bathroom. Then, when that worked, we changed it to twice a day (once for being dry the whole day at pre-school, and once for be drying from the time she got home until bed). Then, when that worked, we changed it to a once a day treat for being dry the whole day. Lots of praise went along with every treat too.

I'm generally not into junk food bribes, but literally nothing else worked. After she was dry for two weeks straight, we gradually stopped the bribes and she hasn't had a single accident since and doesn't even ask for ice cream.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training