Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Attn Sheitel Dying Experts

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 9:29 am
I have an old blonde Sheitel that I want to wear mostly under hats, but it oxidized and it was way too gold/yellow.

I wanted to darken it to a light brown (ideally a 16/10 or mix of tones, but no dye does that, Id have to use many products).

I chose Loreal Superior Preference in Warm Golden Brown (nothing about reddishness in name) and surprisingly, I guess because it was a dyed/processed wig, its now a light reddish brown.

I want to take the red out so I probably have to buy an ashy brown to get rid of the red. Loreal recommended an Ashy Brown dye to remove reddishness but they said it will darken the wig even more, so I should let the dye stay on for much less time.

Also, I want different tones, slightly darker and slightly lighter, not monotone like it is now, is there something I can do, or only professionals know how to do that successfully? Loreal recommended "Frost and Design" for highlighting, where you pull as much hair out of a cap and that hair gets lightened.

Advice please.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics