Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Verizon Prepaid Plan- drawbacks? Can I take my # when I leav

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 6:57 am
Are there any drawbacks to the prepaid verizon plans? Until now we had the postpaid plan but when I mentioned I'm leaving, they said they can offer me a prepaid plan for half the price. It sounds too good to be true, with extra data plan, less than half the price because tax is included. Do any of you have this and how is it? Are you able to take you number now into the prepaid plan? and if you want to leave the prepaid plan to go to another provider, can you take your cell number with you?--this is what I'm worried about. What's the catch to the prepaid program other than you're paying upfront? Other option I'm considering is switching to another carrier which would be cheaper than verizon but verizon has better service. The verizon prepaid plan sounds too good to be true. Can anyone advise?

esuss

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:20 am
I once looked into it. This is what they told me. The wireless coverage isn't as good as the regular plan and you have to pay full price for the phones.

anonymrs

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 9:59 am
There's no catch. My husband has it and the service is the same. They have certain phones that are sold for prepaid plans and there's always one or two that are on sale, so it's not so expensive to pay for the phone. It is possible that there is a problem with taking your number when you start using prepaid and then taking it with you when you leave. I seem to remember something with dh's phone but I'm not sure what the problem was exactly. At the end, they did let him do the phone numbers how he wanted.

cheese cake

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 2:10 pm
I have it and I'm very happy. I switched from a different company and was able to keep my number so I dont think you would have a problem with that

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 5:37 am
esuss wrote:
I once looked into it. This is what they told me. The wireless coverage isn't as good as the regular plan and you have to pay full price for the phones.

didnt know it didnt have good coverage, so it's not worth it if other providers are cheaper.
As far as I know even with the postpaid plans you have to pay full price for the phones?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 5:38 am
2behappy wrote:
I have it and I'm very happy. I switched from a different company and was able to keep my number so I dont think you would have a problem with that

Can I ask why you switched?
I'm concerned about taking the same phone number from the Verizon prepaid plan to a different carrier if I leave.

esuss

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
didnt know it didnt have good coverage, so it's not worth it if other providers are cheaper.
As far as I know even with the postpaid plans you have to pay full price for the phones?

This is what Verizon customer service told me. Maybe ask those who actually has it if it's true. I have post paid plan and I get free phones or I pay a token amount for them.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 9:50 am
I have Verizon prepaid and am very happy with it.

Have had it for years.

I use it for local and national.

cm

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 10:01 am
I use a different carrier, and their pre-paid plans do not have exactly the same benefits as the regular plans (international calling and a few other features). Check the fine print.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 11:23 pm
cm wrote:
I use a different carrier, and their pre-paid plans do not have exactly the same benefits as the regular plans (international calling and a few other features). Check the fine print.

Which carrier do you have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries