Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to wear in EY, head covering

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:23 pm
Going to EY in the summer.
I'm afraid that being out in the sun will make my sheitels turn red.
Is there something I can do to the Sheitel to prevent it.
Should I just risk it and dye it if necessary.
I only wear tichels in the house, just pre-tied ones, or old fashion snoods (really comfortable)
A hat could be an option, but don't know what would look good.
I have a round face and a saggy double chin.
Buying a cheap synthetic could be an option, but the last time I did that it burned the first day lighting candles at the Kever of BabaSali.
I want to look good.
All advice helpful.
Links would be great.
No scarves please
Must be easy to put on so I don't spend the day trying to make it look nice.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:39 pm
What about wearing a cap or sunhat over your wig when outdoors? You will probably want the sun protection for your skin anyway.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:
What about wearing a cap or sunhat over your wig when outdoors? You will probably want the sun protection for your skin anyway.

I'm not sure how to pick a hat that will look good.
Can you link some links.
Also, is it too hot to wear a Sheitel and a hat.

imeinu

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:53 pm
Look for a light colored hat made out of lightweight breathable fibers such as straw or paper(!). Paper hats are really lightweight an comfortable.
A brim that keeps the sun out of your face can actually keep you feeling cooler.
I would try to avoid having to dye the shaitel. so going with a hat with brim like this for over a shaitel:
http://www.headsuphairwear.com......html

or a cotton hat/beret like this are really better options.

LisaS

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:45 am
I would want to spend most of my time traveling wearing the comfortable snoods and pre-tieds. Bring along the sheitel for when you want to dress a little nicer, but don't plan to wear it for your tiyulim.

fiji

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:49 am
I would buy a pretty pre tied. It is so hot here, I can't stand to wear my wig right now, let alone in the summer!!

finallyamommy

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 5:55 am
Why not pretieds? If you davka want to look good, you can buy some that are fancier than what you wear, with embellishments, or add a volumizer or something.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 6:09 am
When you get here you can try an apron scarf. It looks like an apron, you tie the "sash"by your neck, covering the bottom of the apron. They look very nice.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:40 am
Thanks everyone.
I live very OOT.
No where near sells pre tie.
I need to order them on line.
Also, when it comes to style and coordinating I have 2 left feet.
For this reason I don't accessorize, except for earnings that I wear the same hoops everyday.

Usually I wear black pencil skirt, black shell, and a silky printed sleeveless on top, like the ones you get at Marshalls.

I feel that the only thing that would go is a black pre tie.
That's what I use to cook/clean at home.
I want something a little more put together.

Can anyone pull off a Barrett hat? I like the hat idea posted on top, seems it would keep me cool.

Please send me ideas

Also I like the neat put together look, rather than flowy romantic look.
TIA

LisaS

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:17 am
amother wrote:

I need to order them on line.

Even better, buy a couple after you land. They are sold in every corner of the country and will probably cost less than you pay online. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes and most saleswomen will be happy to help you pick out a pre-tied that looks good on you and matches most of your clothes. As a bonus you'll be buying blue and white. If you really want to be Israeli, ask a random fellow shopper for her opinions too :-)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:30 am
Chinelle snoods or cable knit berets are more worn now than pre-tieds (in my circles anyhow). I wear all the time, too hot to go out in a sheitel.
Also can be found all over in any shop in Israel.

https://www.doubleheaderusa.com/Snoods.aspx

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 9:52 am
Not sure what that hug was for. Pre-tieds were already on their way out four years ago. Hardly anyone wears them anymore.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
Chinelle snoods or cable knit berets are more worn now than pre-tieds (in my circles anyhow). I wear all the time, too hot to go out in a sheitel.

My problem is I don't think I look good in those.
What can I do to dress them up, to look put together.
I don't know how to accessorize.
Also what colors should I get, neutral enough to go with a lot of different things, but not too blah either.
I want to look good, I.e. Young, lol

cbg

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 10:07 am
I have one of those chinelle snoods.
The elastic hurts my ears
Anything I can add to fix that

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
My problem is I don't think I look good in those.
What can I do to dress them up, to look put together.
I don't know how to accessorize.
Also what colors should I get, neutral enough to go with a lot of different things, but not too blah either.
I want to look good, I.e. Young, lol

I like multi-colored ones (eg. one I have is a mix of burgundy, beige and black tones) so that then it goes with almost anything. But, that's a matter of personal taste. Or you can get on neutral color like grey, tan or something like that.

Shuly

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 3:58 pm
I have 2 friends who wear (short) sheitels every day. Everyone else here wears snoods, berets or tichels unless they are going to an event or a meeting.

Bring what you have and when you get here, buy some berets or whatever looks good on you. I recommend the store called Bandana on 12 Rechov King George - they have every style head covering and great prices.

chanchy123

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:40 pm
Shuly wrote:
I have 2 friends who wear (short) sheitels every day. Everyone else here wears snoods, berets or tichels unless they are going to an event or a meeting.

Bring what you have and when you get here, buy some berets or whatever looks good on you. I recommend the store called Bandana on 12 Rechov King George - they have every style head covering and great prices.

I second the recommendation for Bandana it's a great store. They also have a wide selection of lightweight sun hats that you may want to wear over your sheitel or instead of it.

imeinu

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 9:30 pm
do you like this beret in black? It has an elegant applique so it looks more put together.

Boca00

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:

This. I love these and have gotten a bunch of compliments on them (the cable knit ones).

You can coordinate your tops with colors that go well together, they do not have to match exactly. Some basic colors I have that go well with many things is burgundy, teal/grey mix, grey, navy... Just ordered another one in olive.

They really don't need much accessorizing as the cable knit is very classy, but I like to wear them with dangly silver/cz earrings to dress them up a bit. If you post a shirt, we can help you figure out which color snood and jewelry would go best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics