Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shenandoah or other vacay close to Baltimore?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 11:57 am
Anyone have ideas of things to do or places to stay (nice, not divey) in or near Shenandoah national park? We are NOT bringing the kids. Want natural beauty, things to see, relaxation and daytime activities. Thoughts?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:20 pm
we went to shenandoah, I believe we stayed in the park, we stayed in a cabin that was actually two rooms with a bathroom. We went with one kid. I don't know if they have an only one room option but I thought it was nice and liked the fact that we stepped out in to nature as opposed to a hotel but still had our own clean bathroom Smile. They have ranger hikes that you can go on. I would suggest calling or looking online to see what they are offering. We actually had the ranger to ourselves when we went on the hike since the weather wasn't great from what I remember but we were happy we weren't rained out. It was very peaceful. We weren't there for very long though.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:32 pm
Thanks! Sounds nice!

amother wrote:
we went to shenandoah, I believe we stayed in the park, we stayed in a cabin that was actually two rooms with a bathroom. We went with one kid. I don't know if they have an only one room option but I thought it was nice and liked the fact that we stepped out in to nature as opposed to a hotel but still had our own clean bathroom Smile. They have ranger hikes that you can go on. I would suggest calling or looking online to see what they are offering. We actually had the ranger to ourselves when we went on the hike since the weather wasn't great from what I remember but we were happy we weren't rained out. It was very peaceful. We weren't there for very long though.

animeme

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:36 pm
We did the shenandoahs, and rented a small house. We guided our own hikes, based on the levels we wanted.

eschaya

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 1:09 pm
We've been to Shenandoah many times. The weather is cool and gorgeous in the summer, beautiful hikes and things to see. Close to luray caverns. But cant give advice on where to stay because we either camp out, or just drive home afterwards. But highly recommended going.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 1:14 pm
It sounds lovely!
What is there to do besides hike? I love hiking, dh less so Smile

eschaya wrote:
We've been to Shenandoah many times. The weather is cool and gorgeous in the summer, beautiful hikes and things to see. Close to luray caverns. But cant give advice on where to stay because we either camp out, or just drive home afterwards. But highly recommended going.

Batyah85

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 9:27 pm
lots of antique stores in the shenandoah valley area, museums, battlefields, luray caverns, huge flea markets, mennonite market in Dayton Virginia, shenandoah caverns, massanutten resort outside Harrisonburg, VA has alot to do including guided horseback trail riding, hiking, swimming, etc you can check out their website, berry/fruit picking, exploring towns along route 11... have fun- there is tons to do Smile

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 11:13 pm
Batyah85 wrote:
lots of antique stores in the shenandoah valley area, museums, battlefields, luray caverns, huge flea markets, mennonite market in Dayton Virginia, shenandoah caverns, massanutten resort outside Harrisonburg, VA has alot to do including guided horseback trail riding, hiking, swimming, etc you can check out their website, berry/fruit picking, exploring towns along route 11... have fun- there is tons to do Smile

Thanks!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics