Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Your experience with laser hair removal

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 11:43 pm
I want to do full body laser hair removal. Do you recommend doing it? Do you think it really works or will the hair grow back? Will my skin stay smooth?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 8:55 am
amother wrote:
I want to do full body laser hair removal. Do you recommend doing it? Do you think it really works or will the hair grow back? Will my skin stay smooth?

Done certain areas in the body. Every person has different results depending on hair color and skin colour. I am white skinned and black hair. Did 6 treatments underarms and bikini and now after a year I still have hair but very very little. I shave it once a month. I could do more treatment but I can't be bothered right now. Skin is smooth to the touch. It'd fun not having to wax Tongue Out
Also doing head hairline but there its taking much longer and still have hair growing there. Sad

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
Done certain areas in the body. Every person has different results depending on hair color and skin colour. I am white skinned and black hair. Did 6 treatments underarms and bikini and now after a year I still have hair but very very little. I shave it once a month. I could do more treatment but I can't be bothered right now. Skin is smooth to the touch. It'd fun not having to wax Tongue Out
Also doing head hairline but there its taking much longer and still have hair growing there. Sad

Wait, despite laser treatment, you still have to shave once a month!? I would consider it but at the moment I only need to use wax/cream every five-six weeks as I don't have much body hair naturally. If I still need to do this after lasering, what would be the point? I thought the point of laser was to not have to wax/shave/use creams again? (Not OP but curious too).

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 12:13 pm
I've done laser on bikini area. Was very effective. Did about 6 treatments and have done touchups as necessary. But touchups were for minimal amount of hair. Skin is very smooth to touch! I'm thrilled about the results!

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 12:18 pm
I started out doing full body laser because I had horrible ingrown hairs from shaving and I would sit and pick them for hours. I have dark brown hair.
After only one session of doing full brazilian I no longer got ingrown hairs in that area. Now after 6 sessions I have very very light thin hairs growing which I'm happy with. The hairs on my bikini line are totally gone.
I did 7 sessions so far on my full legs and full arms. My lower legs and lower arms are almost completely clear. I still plan on going back for at least 2 more sessions. My upper arms and upper legs are the same hairy as when I started. My ingrown hairs on my upper legs did not improve at all so after finishing my package of 6 sessions I am no longer continuing to do laser on my upper arms and legs. My esthetician did warn me beforehand that because the hairs on upper arms and legs are so thin that it might not work. My underarms are almost completely hairless after 7 sessions, I will probably need 2 or 3 more to get the results I want.

flmommy

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 12:33 pm
Sorry to be the buzz killer but it did not work for me and I did "real laser" not IPL. Helped some what as in I have to shave less but was useless for me bikini area. Legs and underarms shave less maybe every four days where I had to do every two before. I do t have PCOS or any other hormonal imbalance. I had 6 treatments total.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 12:25 am
amother wrote:
Wait, despite laser treatment, you still have to shave once a month!? I would consider it but at the moment I only need to use wax/cream every five-six weeks as I don't have much body hair naturally. If I still need to do this after lasering, what would be the point? I thought the point of laser was to not have to wax/shave/use creams again? (Not OP but curious too).

If u have very little hair it could be that you won't needs to shave at all. Every person has it different. Just so you understand if I would not have done laser I would have to shave every few days. Also it could be that if I do another 2 or 3 treatments it will not grow back but I have not tried that yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics