Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What to do with two year olds- ASAP-please

willow

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:48 am
I need some fun (easy) non- expensive ideas to entertain a bunch of 2 yr olds.
Thank you!

miriam

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:55 am
Is it for a birthday party? I once made a party for my 2 year old. We covered the table in paper, like butcher paper, and gave everyone tons of markers and crayons. They got to decorate the table cloth.

willow

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 1:21 am
Cute idea! No a bunch of ladies want me to babysit their kids till September 1st. They called me late last night and I am starting today. (Nice of them no?) Anyways I'll wing it for today but after I am done I want to be more prepared and would love to know what kind of things they enjoy and what to buy.

willow

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:30 am
So no one on this site has two yr olds?Smile

Helani

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:40 am
blow bubbles-and they can catch
put a mattress on the floor, turn on some music, and let them jump and dance
let them make agression cookies
http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/43855/

Hope this helps and good luck! Smile

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:41 am
blow bubbles. add some food coloring and try to catch the bubbles with pieces of paper- nice for arts n crafts and exercise. bake cookies. play doh. potato prints. take pieces of tissue paper, put them on a white piece of paper and spread water over the whole thing with a paintbrush. then let it dry and remove the tissue paper. jumping jacks. get a good kids cd or tape with fast songs and play freeze dance or just let them dance until they're tired. make fruit juice ices in an ice cube tray with popsicle sticks. or use the trays to make food coloring ices and let them draw on paper with the ices as they melt. save paper towel tubes and make musical instruments out of them- rice shakers, kazoos, etc. have fun!

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 11:44 am
it's summer ... get chalk and color outside ... or a kiddie pool ... and splash a little ... read stories ... are you near a park ... do you have help ... how many of them ...

happymom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:02 pm
playdough, water table, sand box, paint, coloring, bubbles, shaving cream, bead cheerios on pipe cleaners, glue shapes... handprints and foot prints on wall or big huge paper, make cookies, cake, challah, musical instruments, sing annd dance... freeze when music is over, PUPPT SHOWS

they LOVE those! especially funny ones lol its so cute when they all giggle:)

whoami

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:32 pm
my two yr old LOVES bubbles! coloring, stickers etc.
last week her morah made turtles, she gave them a paper plate with green crayons. they all colored it, she stuck on a green shape on the top part with a little sticking out for the head. the top part of the plate was the botton of the turtle. she attached a long piece of yarn and they walked their turtles around all day - my daughter still sleeps with hers!

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:41 pm
buy sidewalk chalk. if you have a backyard this is a great safe activity.

if you can put a LARGE sheet of paper on the floor then have the kids color on it....

it matters if the kids are just about 2 or 2.5

sing songs with them....

nehama

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 2:57 pm
My daughter's not 2 for another 3 months, but her favorite thing is having books read to her.

She loves coloring, painting, stickers, magnets. I recently gave her a felt board with felt shapes, and she loves it.

justanothermother

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 4:57 pm
I bought a tent with a tunnel system that my two year old loves to crawl around in. She's been in there for the last forty minutes.

Also balls, play dough, coloring, bubbles, challa making, and building blocks.

willow

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 5:41 am
justanothermother, nehama, Imhappy, whoami, happymom, greenfire, mummiedearest, Helani, miriam
Thank you all for your great ideas they are so creative. I love knowing that I can count on all you creative smart women to help me out. I'll let you know what I try. If I don't use them now I'll use them later for my daughter.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 11:03 am
I just saw on tv a recipe for a doughy play dough type thingy ... glue with food color put into liquid starch in equal amount let set in then play ...

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 1:51 pm
you can check out pbs.org

their tv show zoom (if it's still around) has great ideas for edible arts-n-crafts. I found a lot of stuff on there when I was an art counselor for pre-school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics