Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Aug. 27th NY meetup?
Previous  1  2

Blossom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 8:36 am
Prospect Park would be a great alternative. What do you think Kmelion?

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 8:38 am
I've travelled from cleveland to brooklyn by greyhound, amtrak, and trains & bus ... with 3 kids ...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 9:54 am
Purple, are you inviting us to your sister's wedding? Can we stay for the mitavah tantz?

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:05 pm
cm - you haven't seen a mitzvah tantz ?!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 12:39 pm
Sure I have.

Once.

Why?

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 7:08 pm
greenfire wrote:
I've travelled from cleveland to brooklyn by greyhound, amtrak, and trains & bus ... with 3 kids ...

shock How old were they?
I'd never risk it.
Especially since NY subways sometimes leave a HUGE gap between train and platform. It's a good thing that my son is scared of the small crack usually found between train and platform/elevator and landing. So he doesn't just walk but whimpers and waits for me to carry him over. Otherwise, he just would've walked into the gap, which was wide enough for his whole body to slip through.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 7:42 pm
I've also done it with a baby, it's NOT easy.

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 8:03 pm
I can make the 27th at 2 p.m., if more women could, too.

BTW, how often do these meetings happen? Anyone actually show up to them?

I take the NYC subway so often, that I know exactly which line goes where. I always go with my baby in the stroller. You do it often enough, you get used to it.

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 6:51 am
GAMZu wrote:
greenfire wrote:

shock How old were they?
I'd never risk it.
Especially since NY subways sometimes leave a HUGE gap between train and platform. It's a good thing that my son is scared of the small crack usually found between train and platform/elevator and landing. So he doesn't just walk but whimpers and waits for me to carry him over. Otherwise, he just would've walked into the gap, which was wide enough for his whole body to slip through.

But of course, cars are much safer. Nobody ever dies are or is injured due to travelling in a car.

I think it depends how old your kids are. If you have 3 2 year olds, maybe not. Most people have kids of different ages.

I think travelling on the subway is a pain, although often people will help you with the stroller, but I wouldn't call it dangerous. You have to keep your eye on your kids, but you have to do that everywhere.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 8:14 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Purple, are you inviting us to your sister's wedding? Can we stay for the mitavah tantz?

ehhh.. do you WANT to stay at the mitzvah tantz??

yes, e/one is invited to the wedding, but on one condition.. they have to tell me who they are on imamother, otherwise, it will make me in a bad mood, and it's my sisters wedding, it should be a happy time.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 9:39 am
my kids were 1, 2 & 4 at the time ... after I had 4 I started driving ...there are risks in everything you do in life ... even breathing ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 10:10 am
Purple Rox! wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

ehhh.. do you WANT to stay at the mitzvah tantz??

yes, e/one is invited to the wedding, but on one condition.. they have to tell me who they are on Imamother, otherwise, it will make me in a bad mood, and it's my sisters wedding, it should be a happy time.

Sure! I've only seen it once before!

GAMZu

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 11:16 pm
Raisin, why the sarcasm? All I am saying is that for me, it's almost impossible to go with a 3 y.o. and a 1 y.o. on the train alone. There are strollers to shlep, and I can't carry one child, a stroller and all the bags up 40 something steps while holding the other child's hand. I just can't.
In a car crash, at least I would be with the kids, unlike on a subway if they get left behind and travel to who knows where alone. Or if a kid falls through and gets crushed by a train.

Judging from the recent news, I hear of as many train related tragedies as car wrecks.

Some people mentioned 1 child. Yes, 1 is VERY manageable. I sometimes go with 1 kid on the train for fun, to go to new neighborhoods and explore the stores/parks. I find that enjoyable.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics