Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
7 yr old daughter

alwaysbhappy

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 8:33 am
Is it too much to expect her to clean her room(if I tell her) ? Put away her own laundry?
When can I expect/teach/tell little boys to start pitching in and helping around the house?

Teomima

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 9:23 am
It's not too much, however don't expect it to happen easily or quickly.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 10:22 am
I think "clean your room" is too much to expect because it's very vague. However, you can introduce specific steps of cleaning up her room until it all comes together. Also, depends how messy it's gotten in the first place. And teach your little boys at the same age as you teach your little girls. They're just as capable, after accounting for individual differences.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 11:18 am
I have a 7 year old and agree with Teomima. Definitely reasonable but it might not happen so quickly or easily. Don't give up though.

lucky14

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 1:49 pm
seeker wrote:
I think "clean your room" is too much to expect because it's very vague. However, you can introduce specific steps of cleaning up her room until it all comes together. Also, depends how messy it's gotten in the first place. And teach your little boys at the same age as you teach your little girls. They're just as capable, after accounting for individual differences.

Agree. You need to give specific steps. And the whole thing may be too overwhelming at first.

It sounds like you think little boys and girls don't need to start helping out at the same age, why do you think that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics