Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Does anyone else hate going on a vacation?
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 7:16 am
DH despises going on vacation, and adamantly refuses to do so. Even day trips stress him out.

He has to be at home, where life is predictable, and nothing new or intersting happens. He needs his routines.

When he does have to travel, he has major anxiety attacks for days in advance, and he's impossible to be around. I stay out of his way as much as possible.

Once I asked him what he likes to do for "fun", and he said "read the newspaper". Rolling Eyes

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
DH despises going on vacation, and adamantly refuses to do so. Even day trips stress him out.

He has to be at home, where life is predictable, and nothing new or intersting happens. He needs his routines.

When he does have to travel, he has major anxiety attacks for days in advance, and he's impossible to be around. I stay out of his way as much as possible.

Once I asked him what he likes to do for "fun", and he said "read the newspaper". Rolling Eyes

Haha my DH is the same way! We do go on day trips to the beach, but actual travel outside of Israel stresses him out because of kashrus and such. I'm fine with it though, and we are happy with being boring old homebodies. As for what my DH likes to do for fun: "Fix things around the apartment."

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:46 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Sounds like me! The only time I ever went away with DH was when he planned the entire vacation, down to the babysitting and even telling my boss!!! I only start enjoying myself once in at the destination. But truthfully, I get so anxious I sometimes feel it's better just to stay home and read a book.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics