Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How long does your 2 yr old sleep?
Previous  1  2

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 4:02 am
my son just turned two and sleeps 12-13 hr nights and 2.5-3 hr nap (or more). I put him in for a nap between 4-5 hours after he wakes up in the morning, although I can also push for 3.5 hrs if he woke up later. also, if he doesn't take a long nap, maybe you can put him to bed just 3.5-4 hrs after he wakes up.

tm

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 4:02 am
about 10 hours at night and 1.5 - 3 hour nap during the day

smiley:)

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 4:05 am
He would never ever fall asleep 3.5-4 hrs after he woke.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:24 am
My daughter is turning 2 in a month IY"H and sleeps about 10 hrs at night and 2 hrs during the day. Now that she's starting playgroup, I'm thinking of slowly cutting out her nap and putting her to bed earlier. We'll see how it works out.

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 8:11 am
Help! He's starting to cut out his nap!!!!!

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 3:26 pm
Ok he is now taking a 1 1/2 hr nap (if I luck out) instead of 2-3 hrs. Now keep in mind my son seems to sleep on the lesser side of the amounts that all of you posted. So if he wakes between 8 and 8:30 am, and takes a nap from 2:30-4:00 or 3:00-4:30, when is a reasonable time to put him into bed. I tried out putting him in at 9:15 instead of 9:45, and here we are at 10:15 and he's finally starting to get sleepy.

queenyemk

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 10:32 pm
I feel for you sleepy!!
DD sleeps about 10 hours a night going down at 9-9.30pm and waking at 7.30-8.30pm. She naps anywhere from 1-2.5 hours depending on whats going on at school.

She sleeps in my bed (working on it people) and only goes to sleep if I am lying down with her, so she can cuddle.
Our routine is bath, diaper, PJ's, she pick out her books and the pillow of her choice. We read between 1-5 books before going to sleep, which gets her drowsy. Then we say shema! Lately she starts telling me at 8pm she wants to go to sleep, but it sometimes takes a while to wind down.
Do you have a bedtime routine???
Could you maybe send him to playgroup for a few hours a day?? = time for you, and activites for him!

Hatzlach Raba! Very Happy

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 8:33 am
My "name" is smiley, though I sure do feel sleepy! (sounding more and more like the 7 dwarfs here!)
We do have a bedtime routine. I started it a while back, since he nursing (and falling asleep that way). We read 2 books, sing a song, sing ABC's and go into his room, tuck him in, etc.
I dont want to send him to playgroup yet for a number of reasons. First, I dont think he is ready, second of all I am not ready and I have a number of reservations about it, 3rd it's silly to have that expense if I am home with a baby anyway. I;m not as worried about not getting stuff done, but just have 5 minutes to breathe during the day is sometimes nice! I wake up when he does, am awake with the bany during his nap, and he only falls asleep after 10. I also cant figure it out... most days he takes a very short nap. Now and then he takes a long one.

happymom

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 11:38 am
mine takes a two hour nap during the day and sleeps 11 hours at night
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics