Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Midwinter ideas please!
Previous  1  2

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 10:44 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
I second the Boston idea. Plenty to keep everyone busy for 2-3 days. In addition, local public schools won’t be on vacation and you won’t have a large “ yeshiva week” presence, so attractions won’t be too crowded.
There is also snowtubing and cross-country skiing in the vicinity (I guess those are difficult with a 2 year old, though!)
If you’re coming up I-95 from NY area, you can make a stop at Mystic Aquarium. Also there is a huge indoor ropes course in New Haven, right off the 95 (if your kids are interested). If your kids are bookworms, you can stop off at the BookBarn in Niantic CT on your way—- very large used bookstore with a whole building of kids books— pick up some reading for the car ride.

Note that kashrut in much of CT and all of Rhode Island is iffy. Don’t rely on apps like “yeah that’s kosher” or similar. Once you get to Boston, you’re “safe”—- KVH and Rabbi Hamoui are considered reliable by almost all.

These are great ideas, ty!

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 9:12 am
amother wrote:
Hi ladies, Really appreciate all the ideas. Wondering if anyone has suggestions for things to do in CT?

Where in CT? Are you talking about the I-95 corridor, or do you want to go other places in CT?

Connecticut Science Center in Hartford is fun. But it's expensive and there and no reciprocity. There is also an airplane museum in Hartford that my family enjoyed.

There is an aquarium in Bridgeport that is supposed to be good.

Snow tubing in Powder Ridge-- about a 1/2 hour off the 95 (north of New Haven)

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 9:58 am
Gillette Castle in CT is very cool, but check to see if it's open in the winter and the hours.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics