Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Long last foundation makeup artists use for dry sens. skin?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 10:09 pm
Which brand and item of foundation and primer (that stays looking good a long time) do makeup artists use and recommend to customers for dry, sensitive skin?

reality mom

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 10:33 pm
You can use any foundation youre comfortable with and mix it with moisturizer before applying.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 10:42 pm
Vichy Dermafinish https://www.amazon.com/Vichy-D.....6UE1W

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 11:01 pm
reality mom wrote:
You can use any foundation youre comfortable with and mix it with moisturizer before applying.

Nothing stays looking good a long time on my face except for what makeup artists use.

This is why I want to know what brands makeup artists use.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 11:14 pm
amother wrote:
Vichy Dermafinish https://www.amazon.com/Vichy-D.....6UE1W

Makeup artists use this at Simchas?

Can you tell me what you know about it?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
Makeup artists use this at Simchas?

Can you tell me what you know about it?

I have dry/sensitive/acne prone skin and a mua used this to conceal my acne a few yrs ago. Then I bought it myself too for everyday use. It is very high coverage so it can cover redness/acne marks without any other concealer. The texture is creamy and doesn't settle in fine lines or accentuate dryness or flaky skin, even in the winter. It can feel a little greasy by the end of the day and isn't super matte though so I keep some blotting papers, still it doesn't budge. It doesn't contain fragrances which usually triggers my skin and it's dermatologist tested+non comedogenic, so it is very non irritating. I use it either just to conceal red spots or all over as a foundation on days when I need a more polished look. It works well both ways as it blends into the skin. I can wear it 12+ hrs and it will still look good by the time I wash it off.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:06 am
amother wrote:
I have dry/sensitive/acne prone skin and a mua used this to conceal my acne a few yrs ago. Then I bought it myself too for everyday use. It is very high coverage so it can cover redness/acne marks without any other concealer. The texture is creamy and doesn't settle in fine lines or accentuate dryness or flaky skin, even in the winter. It can feel a little greasy by the end of the day and isn't super matte though so I keep some blotting papers, still it doesn't budge. It doesn't contain fragrances which usually triggers my skin and it's dermatologist tested+non comedogenic, so it is very non irritating. I use it either just to conceal red spots or all over as a foundation on days when I need a more polished look. It works well both ways as it blends into the skin. I can wear it 12+ hrs and it will still look good by the time I wash it off.

Sounds like what I need, great! Thanks.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:21 am

Can you tell me which color people who are medium fair, would choose?

I cant decide between opal and nude. A review I read said that opal has a pink undertone, and nude a yellow undertone, which I have, so Id buy the nude, but on this woman's hand "nude" looks like a very dark olivey/hispanic skin color.

Do you know where they have testers?

TIA

newface34

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:25 am
Georgio Armani Luminous silk foundation
Hangover primer
Mary Kay or Skindinavia setting spray

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:31 am
MUA here. You need to prep your skin properly and set it. After you moisturize use a primer. Then go in with foundation (Giorgio Armani luminous silk would be great for your skin type ) and concealer. Then setting powder will help a lot and setting spray-urban decay all nighter or skindivavia

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 1:34 am
amother wrote:

Can you tell me which color people who are medium fair, would choose?

I cant decide between opal and nude. A review I read said that opal has a pink undertone, and nude a yellow undertone, which I have, so Id buy the nude, but on this woman's hand "nude" looks like a very dark olivey/hispanic skin color.

Do you know where they have testers?

TIA

I don't know where to get locally but I bought it on Amazon. I also had a hard time deciding between opal and nude for the same reason. Because I have pink undertones, I initially went with the nude and it was too dark on me(but I'm also very pale), so I just sent it back and exchanged for opal with no issue. The opal comes out with a sort of yellow tint, but it blends to fit the skin tone well. I think the swatches in the picture you posted do look much darker than how it comes out though.

I think this website gives a pretty accurate view of each of the shades: https://www.escentual.com/blog.....hade/

rivkam

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 3:02 am
I find mac fix + is great for dry skin to make sure the foundation goes on nicely. I moisturise, leave my face for like 10 mins and then spray the fix + and put on my foundation.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind when you want things to be long wearing, the brush or sponge you use can really make a difference. Also a make up artist once advised me to layer the foundation. It's abit high maintenance for day to day but for a wedding it's great. Put on a layer of foundation and spray with a setting spray. Wait a couple of mins and do another layer with setting spray. Give it a couple of mins and then powder.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:28 am
I like the idea of Vichy because its fragrance free.

Does la la lipstick sell it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics