Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
How to get rid of the extra skin from a multiples pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:12 am
I recently (or I am still saying recently but its over a year Can't Believe It ) had a set of multiples. I gained a lot of extra skin (and weight) I have been dieting and exercising (walking) and lost a ton of weight. The problem I have is that although the numbers on the scale are going down, I still have a lot of extra loose skin by my stomach. I am not looking to go to any drastic route like surgeries or such. Anyone can relate and has tips that worked for you that helped you get rid of the extra skin? I have had several other single pregnancies and was able to go back down in size. It is just after this pregnancy that I am struggling?

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:22 am
I had twins almost six years ago. Always skinny, never had stretch marks. Have lots of extra skin that won't go away no matter what. I think surgery would be the only answer, if acceptance isn't an option.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:23 am
Tretinoin or retinol can help the skin bounce back a little. If you have a lot of extra skin only surgery will do anything drastic

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:26 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Tretinoin or retinol can help the skin bounce back a little. If you have a lot of extra skin only surgery will do anything drastic

Have you tried any of these? Are they worth trying? Do they reduce skin or just get rid of stretch marks? I am not even trying to attempt to get rid of my stretch marks but the extra skin would really really be nice.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:26 am
Plastic surgery is the only thing that really eliminates it. No matter how thin you are, eventually the skin can’t snap back.

Many women get what are called “Mommy Makeovers” which are tummy tucks and breast lifts when they have finished child bearing.

shachachti

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:30 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:

Do you know someone that would give personal advice on how to use it?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:32 am
shachachti wrote:
Do you know someone that would give personal advice on how to use it?

A dermatologist should be able to advise you. There's lots on YouTube too

amother
Banana

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:46 am
You can check out sono bello.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:06 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Plastic surgery is the only thing that really eliminates it. No matter how thin you are, eventually the skin can’t snap back.

Many women get what are called “Mommy Makeovers” which are tummy tucks and breast lifts when they have finished child bearing.

Anyone knows a ballpark of what that would really cost? I assume insurance in majority of cases doesn't cover. I'd love to know real numbers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more